Boot issue - Unresponsive Keyboard & Mouse

Sird

Disciple
Hey, I'm facing this weird issue from sometime now.

My keyboard and mouse does not respond on the window login screen (not able to type in password) if and when I shutdown my computer and cut off all the power.

But if I just do the shutdown and no power off from switch board, then it boots fine and everything is working.

When nothing is working, I generally have to press the restart button on CPU (no other choice [emoji24]) and that breaks my heart everytime thinking about my Samsung SSD.

Any idea about this issue?

No light in keyboard and mouse when they are.not responsive.
Earlier sometimes mouse was working so I was using it to restart system at login screen and then keyboard works fine.
Multiple usb points tried already.
Keyboard and mouse connected on the back of Mobo.

Specs :
i7 - Razer keyboard & mouse - Dell Mouse - 650W power supply

This may sound silly, but have you run a RAM memtest? What config RAM do you have? Try BIOS settings to basic 2133mhz and no overclocking. Also try running with only one stick of RAM (try this for each stick you have) and then see if the issue occurs?

Any USB settings in the BIOS? Like XHCI enabled/disabled? Try playing around with such BIOS settings?

This may sound silly, but have you run a RAM memtest? What config RAM do you have? Try BIOS settings to basic 2133mhz and no overclocking. Also try running with only one stick of RAM (try this for each stick you have) and then see if the issue occurs?

Any USB settings in the BIOS? Like XHCI enabled/disabled? Try playing around with such BIOS settings?
I have 16gigs of Gskill Ripjaws 1600Mhz.
Will surely try this too.

Bios I haven't touched from sometime now so have to look for those options.

This issue is like 6-7 months old and has been there with stock + overclocking, both.

Thanks for your input mate. Will try soon.

Back