Borland C compiler for 64 bit win 7 ?

roxysmile

Tough Luck :P
Disciple
I recently moved to 64 bit win 7 .

Found out that turbo C 4.5 is not working anymore as it is made for 32 bit windows ...

Is there any turbo c ( borland based ) compiler for windows 64 bit ?
I tried code blocks 10.05 , but i cant figure out a way to execute the pre-saved c program( source file ) .

^ The programs i have to make are for college level(1st year) only ( basics + array 2D + pointers + functions)

I dont think something as complicated as visual studio would be needed . Also i tried opening c programs in visual c++ , didnt ran the program , instead gave loads of errors.

@hotshot05 , i downloaded CFree , and tried executing a pre-written c program , which resulted in -

12/12/2010 8:48:02 PM C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\C-FREE STANDARD\CPPIDE.EXE Process is trying to redirect data input/output. Probably it is attempt of remote access to your computer (RootShell)

and was quarantined by my Antivirus's proactive defence( KAV 6.0 for work stations )

Same is the problem with codeblocks with borland 5.5 compiler loaded . Any Solutions to this ?

Other than that , CFree is working perfectly :D , thanks a lot .

Just i dont want to run my computer without proactive defence

stalker said:
Why not the express edition of visual studio?
Second, third... nth that!

Who on sam hill uses the depleted compilers (and the deceased IDEs as well) in production anyway?

@roxysmile: Complicated? Have you seriously ever worked with VS2008/10 ? It does not get any simpler than those IDEs. Believe me each student of your is gonna be thankful to you the day they get their first assignment at work. There's state-of-the-art debugging facilities, edit-and-continue and what not.

I seriously recommend giving VS Express a try.

roxysmile said:
^ The programs i have to make are for college level(1st year) only ( basics + array 2D + pointers + functions)

I dont think something as complicated as visual studio would be needed . Also i tried opening c programs in visual c++ , didnt ran the program , instead gave loads of errors.

@hotshot05 , i downloaded CFree , and tried executing a pre-written c program , which resulted in -

12/12/2010 8:48:02 PM C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\C-FREE STANDARD\CPPIDE.EXE Process is trying to redirect data input/output. Probably it is attempt of remote access to your computer (RootShell)

and was quarantined by my Antivirus's proactive defence( KAV 6.0 for work stations )

Same is the problem with codeblocks with borland 5.5 compiler loaded . Any Solutions to this ?

Other than that , CFree is working perfectly :D , thanks a lot .

Just i dont want to run my computer without proactive defence
Isnt there any option in KAV to add programs to whitelist(Exceptions)?

Just add CPPIDE.EXE to KAV Exceptions list(whitelist). I think that will stop the errors.

>>I dont think something as complicated as visual studio would be needed . Also i tried opening c programs in visual c++ , didnt ran the program , instead gave loads of errors.

If it is giving you loads of error which you are not able to resolve by yourself or with the help of internet than you are new to it which is OK :). it could be a very minor mistake as well, but anyways you are on speed so no point in halting.

Additionally express edition is free and simple in case you have not noticed.

@sarang and adi_vastava - Will try Visual c++ 2010 express edition pretty soon ( was unable to install visual studio in 64 bit , VC 9.0 x86 runtime gave error 1603 )

Now back to 32 bit , installed visual studio 2010 , and i have no idea how to write program in here :p ( newbie alert ,will read tutorials soon )

in class 11th and 12th , schools use borland turbo c 3.0 , and now in college its gcc in ubuntu ( which i am avoiding because i have to switch between OS )

No offence but , If visual c++ is easy , why are they not taught in colleges ?

Back