User Review Bosch SMS60L12IN Dishwasher Review

sriharsha_m

Adept
Nov 1, 2009
Hyderabad
Is it the same product though ? have you compared it with the oem product
Yet to. Will give a proper feedback once I've finished atleast half the pack.

Currently using Finish for the past couple of months. I'm okay spending the premium given the difference in end result as compared to Fortune.

rdst_1

Veteran
May 10, 2009
Yet to. Will give a proper feedback once I've finished atleast half the pack.

Currently using Finish for the past couple of months. I'm okay spending the premium given the difference in end result as compared to Fortune.
What issues were you facing with Fortune. I have been using them ever since I bought the dishwasher in October. We only use the quick mode and don't use both rinse aid and salt. Results have been perfect for me since day 1.

sriharsha_m

Adept
Nov 1, 2009
Hyderabad
What issues were you facing with Fortune. I have been using them ever since I bought the dishwasher in October. We only use the quick mode and don't use both rinse aid and salt. Results have been perfect for me since day 1.
Probably soft water source in your case?

In my case, water hardness levels are high. Fortune detergent is not dissolving properly and is clogging up the filter. Strong detergent residue on utensils.

IIRC I did post regarding the same issue a couple of months back.

Switched to Finish post that and the results have been good so far.

blr_p

Veteran
Apr 11, 2007
In my case, water hardness levels are high. Fortune detergent is not dissolving properly and is clogging up the filter. Strong detergent residue on utensils.
I looked this up and nobody is suggesting hard water as the reason.

- something blocking the detergent drawer from opening or the spray arm from moving completely

- is the temperature setting hot enough. More than 50 degrees

- whether you're overdosing, ie using too much or too short a program for this detergent

- whether the detergent tray is wet leading to the detergent caking up and not flowing out properly

- check the expiry date of the detergent

If you're still not convinced then maybe your salt settings need to be bumped up like this lady explains

But even she mentions white stains or patches. You don't have that problem. In your case its not dissolving properly.

It's a hard water problem only if you're seeing white film

Last edited:

sriharsha_m

Adept
Nov 1, 2009
Hyderabad
I've actually tried all different combinations of Salt dispensing level and rinse aid dispensing level over the entire period.

Nothing was blocking the spray arm or the detergent tray. This happened consistently for a couple of months before I switched detergent.

The reason as I said was filter getting clogged frequently with detergent residue. Say I clean the filter and the next 1 or 2 washes comes out fine and after 5th or 6th wash, filter is clogged again.

Initially I felt may be the batch was defective, but this happened with three different batches.

AFAIK, the only temperature control mode is the Intensive Kadhai mode and then the D0, D1 drying temperature settings. Utensils are quite hot after the wash, so that confirms that the heater is working as expected.

The white stains were very stubborn. They needed scrubbing to go off. Not like the white film stains which usually go off easily.

The only change was the detergent & rinse aid brand, from Fortune to Finish.

blr_p

Veteran
Apr 11, 2007
I've actually tried all different combinations of Salt dispensing level and rinse aid dispensing level over the entire period.

Nothing was blocking the spray arm or the detergent tray. This happened consistently for a couple of months before I switched detergent.

The reason as I said was filter getting clogged frequently with detergent residue. Say I clean the filter and the next 1 or 2 washes comes out fine and after 5th or 6th wash, filter is clogged again.

Initially I felt may be the batch was defective, but this happened with three different batches.

AFAIK, the only temperature control mode is the Intensive Kadhai mode and then the D0, D1 drying temperature settings. Utensils are quite hot after the wash, so that confirms that the heater is working as expected.

The white stains were very stubborn. They needed scrubbing to go off. Not like the white film stains which usually go off easily.

Call up the company. Number should be on the box. If you have the batch numbers ready it would be useful.

Company was set up by two guys from IIT. One of them is a chemist the other manages the company.

When i called up for some other product they connected me to the managing director and i had a chat with him.

If there is residue in the filter then its not dissolving properly. Is that because the water isn't hot enough or the batch is faulty.

Maybe you might get some ideas. Others have used the product without issue so why it does not work for you is a mystery.

This only happens with small companies, with the MNC's you get some drone who is useless.

Last edited:

blr_p

Veteran
Apr 11, 2007
Is anyone of you facing issues with current batch of Fortune detergent?
Our dishwasher filters are getting clogged frequently with detergent residue.

Bought a set of Finish detergent/rinse-aid/salt to test the difference.
Will update the post with my results after using them for a couple of weeks.

View attachment 79138 View attachment 79139
Why do you think this is a problem ?

Lady here says manual recommends cleaning it after every wash.

She hasn't washed hers for 10 washes does her micro filter look any better ?

Don't know why she refers to it as a micro filter. Does not seem to have any mesh on it, just a piece of plastic. So what sort of "micro filtering" can it do ?

Post automatically merged:

Whether you are using too much ?

The detergent isn't completely dissolving so when the drying cycle comes on the remaining residue gets hot blow dried onto the utensils :)

Try with less detergent

Last edited:

sriharsha_m

Adept
Nov 1, 2009
Hyderabad
Why do you think this is a problem ?

Lady here says manual recommends cleaning it after every wash.

She hasn't washed hers for 10 washes does her micro filter look any better ?

Don't know why she refers to it as a micro filter. Does not seem to have any mesh on it, just a piece of plastic. So what sort of "micro filtering" can it do ?

Post automatically merged:

Whether you are using too much ?

The detergent isn't completely dissolving so when the drying cycle comes on the remaining residue gets hot blow dried onto the utensils :)

Try with less detergent
It's the same mesh filter that gets clogged frequently which I had mentioned earlier and this is the only filter in the unit AFAIK. Yeah cleaning it does help and the frequency of cleaning used to be every week while using Fortune detergent. With Finish I haven't cleaned the filter for over a month now and it's still clean.

And IIRC I was the one who recommended Fortune in my first post in this thread. It was good initially and then later on the quality went down batch by batch. Atleast in my case.

My usage never changed, it's almost full load everytime and same amount of detergent irrespective of the brand, everyday for the past two years.

So my observation was based on the fact that I've changed nothing from the routine except the detergent and it fixed the issue for me.

I'm happy using Finish products, even the cap mouth is handy to pour the detergent easily, not needing another storage box and scoop.

Also I've never seen lumps in Finish till now. With Fortune it's mostly lumps that I breakdown before every wash cycle.