User Review Bosch SMS60L12IN Dishwasher Review

Rockfella

WFM blues ...
Section Mod
Mar 18, 2007
Gurgaon/NCR.
I have and they delivered within 7 days. The only con is the minimum order qty is now 5kg but I'm fine with that.
Well it is fine, the con as in (for me). It is PITA to order these essentials on a regular bases. I think they no longer sell on third party sites like amazon/flipkart. I placed my first order from their official website. Got order details/number in my inbox/whatsapp chat (Customer care) is fairly responsive. Will keep you all updated :)
Yeah, their products keep coming back in stock but for very less time. I always used to order the 5kg Detergent pack and have around 1 month's supply left. So maybe I'll have to order directly as well how much was the delivery charge? I wonder if they'll ship to a small town like mine, but I hope they do.
Here you go bro :

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: rdst_1

adder

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
Those who have been using dishwasher for years, I want to compare notes regarding the detergent.
I have been using LG dishwasher from the past 2 months. So far I tried Finish Max in 1, Quantum Max lemon, classic powder. Fortune tablets, Crystale tablets.
The best is obviously quantum max, with worst being crystal and Finish classic powder dead last.
Yet to try IFB powder.

I seem to be getting fine white coating on some stainless steel vessels on all of the brand detergent. Very less on quantum max.

So any remedy to this, milk pans always have white spots on the bottom, very very less on quantum max. Milk pans where soaked for about 1 hr in cold water.

Setting used was auto, which has a wash temperature of 55c and rinse temperature of 70c, cycle time 3:15min(the last 50min it does nothing other then condense drying. This cycle consumes 1unit. While the intensvie cycle which has wash and rinse at 75c consumes 1.6units, this cycle obviously cleans better but not worth the extra .6 units .

rdst_1

Veteran
May 10, 2009
I haven't tried any other detergent apart from Fortune as others felt expensive. The LG dishwasher seems to have very long wash cycles. In Bosch, I get great results even in quick mode which is just 30 minutes for a full load. Auto is 1h20 minutes which is the other mode I use. No issue with white spots and I don't use any salt either, just Rinse-aid. Have you checked your water supply TDS. Knowing you, I don't think that would be a problem.

tech.addict

Adept
Jun 19, 2005
Kolkata
I seem to be getting fine white coating on some stainless steel vessels on all of the brand detergent. Very less on quantum max.
Try using washing cycles other than Auto. Are you cleaning the dishes before putting them in? In the Bosch manual it says if you most of the dishes are too clean (or if you clean it before putting it in the DW) and only some are dirty the DW will select a non-intensive washing mode in the Auto cycle assumming the load is already clean. They recommend just scraping the foods and putting it in. Also you can try using less detergent. What rinse-aid are you using? Try lowering its dose or try stopping it for one cycle (dose set to zero). The rinse-aid is a product that remains on your utensils as it is used in the final rinse cycle. So it may also be the culprit.

I used Fortune and Finish in last 2.5 years and frankly couldn't find any difference. So now-a-days I use Fortune only.

adder

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
Yes the vessels where pretty clean before being put into dishwasher. I am currently using fortune rinse aid. I do have finish and crystale rinse aid, which I am yet to use.
The only other options I have is power hungry intensive cycle and all cycles have sub options like high temperature 85c and steam, which I dont want to use because it reduces the life of the heating element and increased power consumption. There is eco option which uses 49c but thats not good, there is a 59min turbo cycle which also doesnt clean well. I am yet to use any of the downloadable cycles.

I have been using the finish detergent powder since 5 days now. 25 grams of detergent causes the vessels to feel rough, like sand paper, increasing rinse aid solved that. 15grams works but it doesnt remove stains from coffee/tea vessel.

Finish tablet and crystale tablets are phospate free. While fortune powder/ tablets and finish powder have phosphates, which is said to clean better but use of phosphates is banned in EU, US, Australia.

rdst_1

Veteran
May 10, 2009
Fortune is now back available on Amazon as well. Could have saved 150 bucks on delivery fees but had placed the order a few days ago.

Rockfella

WFM blues ...
Section Mod
Mar 18, 2007
Gurgaon/NCR.
Fortune is now back available on Amazon as well. Could have saved 150 bucks on delivery fees but had placed the order a few days ago.
I am happy to know they have their own delivery thing going on too. Fortune is not available on amazon all the time + this is a combo pack :)

@Tech123

Disciple
May 18, 2012
I don't think that anyone here would have these two dishwashers at their home to compare but asking nonetheless -

I have to buy a dishwasher and I have shortlisted Bosch 12 Place Settings Dishwasher ₹42k and
Midea Torrino 13 Place Settings Dishwasher ₹30k.

Obviously, Bosch is an established brand in this deptt and I have read many many positive reviews here and on team-bhp about how efficient it is at cleaning utensils, even for Indian dishes.. Do you think Midea would be as good at cleaning utensils as Bosch? Coz some people on Flipkart did mention that utensils need to be pre-rinsed, which in case of Bosch I don't think is needed.

..BUT there are a few very negative reviews of Bosch regarding their Service Support. I am from a Tier 2 city and I am really doubtful about the support I may get from Bosch. Though I don't have any idea about support from Midea (which is parent company of Carrier) either.

I was of the opinion if the Midea DW works as efficiently as Bosch's and its customer support is also similar to Bosch's, I could save some money and go for Midea DW. Kindly guide.

PS - I was about to buy the same Bosch DW before Lockdown for ₹28k from FK but the family didn't see any use for it then and thought I was being spendthrift and didn't let me buy. Haha.
Hi Thank you for your question.
I am a Bosch Dishwasher user and am very happy with it , it's been almost two years now.
I have never heard of Midea DW, hence cannot comment about it. I do not think it can compare with Bosch quality or support. Bosch is too huge a brand established decades ago. It takes a while for any company to excel in its area.
Even when Bosch was new it probably was not as good as it is now and probably had few takers. Midea DW has to slog it out, it has to prove its worth, if its really good then nobody can stop it from shining. I think you should not think of saving money rather think of quality and peace of mind for the long haul.
My experience with Bosch's support has been awesome!

xkcd0137

Disciple
Dec 20, 2018
I have never heard of Midea DW, hence cannot comment about it. I do not think it can compare with Bosch quality or support. Bosch is too huge a brand established decades ago.
I don't think the Size or Age of Brand matters here. Midea is sister company of Carrier, which was established in 1915. Bosch was established in 1885. Midea/Carrier alongwith Bosch have already been selling their DWs in developed countries for long.

They have introduced DWs in India very recently though. Since this particular model of DW is new, hence my query..

I am a Bosch Dishwasher user and am very happy with it , it's been almost two years now. My experience with Bosch's support has been awesome
Thank you for your response. I think I'll wait till the September sale to buy the DW then.