Bought an Xbox One in the USA

Hello guys,

I bought an Xbox One from the USA as it was far cheaper. I think the only thing that has to be done to use it in India is purchase a power supply right? I called up Xbox support here and they said it isn't available yet and to check back next week. Are there any other alternatives?

Thanks,
Crazysah

Check on the adaptor if its mentioned as 110V AC/240V (220V AC)
If so it should work fine, else you can buy a local convertor for your requirement

You can buy a step down transformer if the power brick accepts only 110 V. Ensure that you buy one with proper wattage.
I have an X360E which has wattage requirement of about 150 W. Bought a 250W transformer for around 1.8K in Mumbai (Vile Parle). It is a local brand but the quality is visible and you can also use it for any other appliances which require 110V.
Do not buy the cheap 350 Rs versions available on eBay, those will work only when the load is very less and not for such a power hungry system.

Any other solutions apart from buying a voltage 220V-110V convertor? Here are some other options:

1. Purchase an original Xbox One power supply from Microsoft India customer support - No idea how to go about doing this, whether it's possible at all, and what the price will be. I'm guessing it will be quite expensive though..
2. Purchase a compatible Xbox One power supply from Amazon.in or Ebay.in - there are a few options available, but again, no idea on quality and reliability.

Back