Android Bought the Nexus5 - Initial impressions and some queries

Updated to 4.4.1
Awesome impovement in camera and loudspeaker...

Nexus 5 now perfect...

Those stock rooted w/o any mods can flash OTA zip and SuperSu 1.80 from xda...

Google rocks :)

How to update manually ?

Also loved this Nexus 5 review

A bit long and boring but she has done an awesome in depth review with few things which helps in figuring out the battery life. Must watch for Nexus 5 owners.

Updated to 4.4.1
Awesome impovement in camera and loudspeaker...

Nexus 5 now perfect...

Those stock rooted w/o any mods can flash OTA zip and SuperSu 1.80 from xda...

Google rocks :)

Haven't received the OTA yet but... is camera has improved. I know there were lot of complains abt the same but I am using n5's camera from last 2 weeks and I find it awesome actually. The only problem is the slow auto focus and I feel that if they have improved that then may be they have lowered the quality? I have no problems manually focusing the image , atleast it is in better quality. Let me know your feedback.

Haven't received the OTA yet but... is camera has improved. I know there were lot of complains abt the same but I am using n5's camera from last 2 weeks and I find it awesome actually. The only problem is the slow auto focus and I feel that if they have improved that then may be they have lowered the quality? I have no problems manually focusing the image , atleast it is in better quality. Let me know your feedback.

It definitely needed improvements. Focusing took forever in lowlight. Also it was impossible with kids to take a photograph. I am sure it won't be able to do bursts shots yet but yes it should be fast now. Will wait for the OTA update :D

On 4.4.1 , for me autofocus doesn't work during video recording and there is some background noise in recorded video.
Has anyone experienced the above issues??

On 4.4.1 , for me autofocus doesn't work during video recording and there is some background noise in recorded video.

Lemme check ....
Edit - Autofocus working nice both with flash as well as w/o flash....
Background sound need to check properly...unable to check right now

Last edited:

I haven't got 4.4.1 yet but I just tested my video rec... seems there is background noise on here too.. :p

I got in 33k locally.

autofocus working with better camera app ...don't know why it doesn't work with stock camera app.
4.4.1 improves image quality but Google still need to work on focus.I need to tap screen multiple times to get focus right especially in macro mode.

Last edited:
I got in 33k locally.

autofocus working with better camera app ...don't know why it doesn't work with stock camera app.
4.4.1 improves image quality but Google still need to work on focus.I need to tap screen multiple times to get focus right especially in macro mode.
Any positives on the sound quality?

The sound quality through BT is pretty acceptable. Not too loud though. I have the Dell OEM headset retailed as Byte 5710BT. They sound louder with my iPhone but sound quality wise its pretty much the same.

Back