Android Bought the Nexus5 - Initial impressions and some queries

volume down + power = bootloader
in bootloader select recovery using the volume keys, and use the power key to confirm selection
once the phone starts in recover mode press volume down + power button + volume up, and hold for 3-5 seconds an other menu would appear, and then select adb sideload

Google must look into simplifying the manual update process, i used to update my samsung devices via odin which was like super smooth.
incase if I'm unaware is there an other application for the nexus line which is similar to odin.? (for stock phones)

Last edited:
I updated nexus 5 to 4.4.1 by adb sideload method, Anyone rooted 4.4.1 nexus 5?
Also having problem with barcode reader, camera wont scan barcode through barcode app, It is not able to focus on image. tried 2 barcode applications.
Anyone having same problem?

Also having problem with barcode reader, camera wont scan barcode through barcode app, It is not able to focus on image. tried 2 barcode applications.

i'm on Rooted 4.4.1
Barcode scanner works , no problem here.

Tried the above method. I can get the phone into the recovery mode...

one you get into the bootloader, select recovery by using the down arrow and selecting it using the power button
once you do that, it will show an android with an exclaimation mark. keep the power button pressed and while pressed, press the vol up button. that should put u in recovery mode.

i have problem restoring old messages. I use SMS backup and restore app for SMS backup on my old HTC phone. App generate XML files as backup. I installed same application and tried to restore SMS but i dont get messages in Hangout, GO SMS and Handcent SMS. Any solution to restore old messages in messaging aplicaiton.

For SMS backup and restore if you still have both source and destination phones with you, then may be try Pansi SMS. I have no idea about kitkat compatibility but long ago I had used it.

For SMS backup and restore if you still have both source and destination phones with you, then may be try Pansi SMS. I have no idea about kitkat compatibility but long ago I had used it.
i lost my old phone. I usually upload backup XML file to dropbox which i downloaded now for restoring messages.

Back