Android Bought the Nexus5 - Initial impressions and some queries

I have transferred all my iPhone smses on the nexus 5. The method is linked in my pocket profile. Will post the link in couple of minutes. Worked like a charm in the first go.

Here you go http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-transfer-iphone-sms-text-messages-to-android-tutorial/

Also I hope you guys have had look at this http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/cell-phone-lenses/new

Now why is this interesting... Cause nexus 5 camera ring has an built in magnet and these lenses fit with out any fuss. Anyone interested in a GO for the same. Had previously saved the link but forgot to take a look at it again.

Nearly everyone is having a problem restoring their SMSes. On phones which aren't running 4.4 you can still restore them by changing the default app back to 'Messaging' instead of 'Hangouts' and then restoring your backup.
All these apps use the default backup that Android creates but since the integration of Hangouts, it has changed and the apps aren't compatible yet with the new backup technique that Android has used when integrating Hangouts.

Anyone using xposed framework ?? I am experiencing android system battery drain.

Attachments

• 1386604685738.jpg
    1386604685738.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 171
Worked for me. Just check my last post. And use the apps mentioned there.

Were you able to restore your Android SMS backup or are you talking about transferring your messages from iPhone to Android.
I am talking about Android backup and restore.

Were you able to restore your Android SMS backup or are you talking about transferring your messages from iPhone to Android.
I am talking about Android backup and restore.

I guess you did not read the link. Its basically a three step process.

Step 1. Extracting the smses backup from iTunes.
Step 2. Converting them to Android readable database.
Step 3. Restoring it back to Android database. It does mention that it might not work with 4.4 but for me it worked just fine.

You will need to take it from Step 2.

Well 4.4.2 was just a small bug fix of a bug fix. Hardly a 1.7MB update as opposed to the 4.4.1 which was a whopping 54MB update. I feel updating via comp is okey as long as it is couple of days faster then the OTA ;).

Back