Android Bought the Nexus5 - Initial impressions and some queries

go to settings>apps>all apps > google services framework and clear data on it. and then check the latest update. If you don't get the update, try this multiple times. It took me 3 times and I got the 4.4.2 but my cousin tried the first time and he got the update lol. You guys will get 4.4.2 with this..

also, if you want to download via mobile data and not wifi then change your date to the date update shows for wifi download.

go to settings>apps>all apps > google services framework and clear data on it. and then check the latest update. If you don't get the update, try this multiple times. It took me 3 times and I got the 4.4.2 but my cousin tried the first time and he got the update lol. You guys will get 4.4.2 with this..

also, if you want to download via mobile data and not wifi then change your date to the date update shows for wifi download.
I have read somewhere that you should not clear frameworks data!

Yes, I have read that too. Still I took the risk and tbh I didn't got any problems after the update whatsoever. Even my cousin didn't had any problems along with some couple handful of xda peeps. But yeah, it's upto to you, take it or leave it.

It was first update so I thought I should wait for the OTA to arrive. From now on I gonna sideload as I have done on my all previous phones.

And the OTA has also arrived on my phone!

As we have been using Nexus 5 for more than two weeks so let's discuss what are the features of Android 4.4 KitKat and Nexus 5 that you like the most.

Yes, I have read that too. Still I took the risk and tbh I didn't got any problems after the update whatsoever. Even my cousin didn't had any problems along with some couple handful of xda peeps. But yeah, it's upto to you, take it or leave it.
I'd second that, suggested the same method to my friend and he successfully received ota updates on his n4 and n5

Noticed no lag when going to settings from lock screen. There was huge noticeable lag when I used to do that on 4.4. Great going google!

As we have been using Nexus 5 for more than two weeks so let's discuss what are the features of Android 4.4 KitKat and Nexus 5 that you like the most.

I absolutely love google now integration in Kitkat. Though a battery drainer but implementation rocks. I use it quite a few times during the day. Only gripe is that it doesn't understand me that well for certain words like for hut it takes hot no matter what I say.

Which is the slimmest available case for the Nexus 5. I am not a big fan of thick cases.

I'm using a capdase case, its relatively thin.
Furthermore the case retains the stock look of the phone, as it has a glossy front and soft touch carbon back

And above all i got it for free ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1386774058][/DOUBLEPOST]I have switched runtime form DALVIK to ART, however ART is still under development it offers much better processing speed in comparison to DALVIK
And my phone is noticeably responding pretty fast (not that it was slow before)

anyone else who has made a shift ?

Last edited:
Whatsapp is now compatible on 4.4.2
ART is significantly faster than dalvik..
The only thing I'm unaware of is whether does it increase/decrease battery life

Back