Android Bought the Nexus5 - Initial impressions and some queries

^^In ART, Apps are of larger size becoz they are already compiled, Apps are faster to launch and load & hence battery is saved in doing extra tasks of compilation, JVM to Dalvik and vice-versa.

guys are there any settings that shouldn't be changed on android, as those changes would screw up the data service.?
I'm on vodafone 2g, and life right now is pretty disastrous

Fingerprints, defects , and dust this phone collects are such PITA for this phone. I love the nexus experience but just because of these factors I am just slightly kinda regretting on buying this phone(probably would have gone for G2 but I still love my nexus5). Though nexus 4 was a fingerprint magnet too but it didn't used to collect dust(which was impossible to clean in case of nexus5) or had any defects.. or may be it was just me as I bought nexus4 in somwhere around september'13.

After using the phone for almost 2 weeks now I just have one major issues with the phone.

Battery life. It really bothers me. Maybe the phone is new that's why I am using it more or maybe its just that the battery gets drained really fast I need to charge the phone multiple times a day.

After using the phone for almost 2 weeks now I just have one major issues with the phone.

Battery life. It really bothers me. Maybe the phone is new that's why I am using it more or maybe its just that the battery gets drained really fast I need to charge the phone multiple times a day.
Are u on everything stock?

Whats your usage like, Do you game a lot ?3g on all the time?
and Screen on time please?

Has been the same for me with every nexus. I would term myself as a power user though and I told you right from the get go that coming from an iPhone 4 you will be seriously disappointed in the battery life. i4 was the only iPhone whose battery lasted nearly a day for me. Both i4s and i5 had similar battery life for me as that of a Nexus. If you are a heavy user I would suggest moving to the G2. Personally the only phones which cut it out for me was an i4 and a Note 2 and even those two didn't last a day.

I m getting around 5 hr of SOT.just uncheck scanning always available from wifi advance menu.

Attachments

• 1387119519941.jpg
    1387119519941.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 1387119537780.jpg
    1387119537780.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 156
Yup 3G/wifi on throughout the day. Yes quite a lot of plant and zombies 2(considering I completed the game with all the upgrades game has to offer).

I believe gaming aside but with WiFi and 3g the phone should last for a day if not more. I am a power user and have goggle now on my phone. Have screen brightness on auto which I think is broken.

Yup 3G/wifi on throughout the day. Yes quite a lot of plant and zombies 2(considering I completed the game with all the upgrades game has to offer).

I believe gaming aside but with WiFi and 3g the phone should last for a day if not more. I am a power user and have goggle now on my phone. Have screen brightness on auto which I think is broken.

Don't keep auto brightness on.. 3g/wifi just on? Or being used extensively?

3G will ofc drain the battery.. come on, you can't expect a full day use from any nexus "phones".

Btw I am on 4.4.2 guys, and when trying to install truecaller, it asks for mobile verification. I do insert my number and select india as country but it gives me error saying "An unknown error has occured, please try again or submit a support request" what is the problem ? :/ I am not using mobile data. Trying from wifi.

Frankly speaking I don't expect a day's battery life out of any phone. With the kinda usage we guys have these days it is quite impossible. Add to that, that the Android ecosystem is known to suffer from wakelocks even the standby times have decreased dramatically. I always carry a fully charged 5000mAh battery pack with me whenever I travel.

Guys, where is official google nexus service centre in Delhi/Noida region. I believe my microphone is broken. The other person cannot hear me if the phone is held in a horizontal position. I earlier thought its a sim card issue as no of times I got complaints from the opposite side that the other person can't hear me. Finally after some careful analysis zeroed it down to this. And after searching for the same on the net found this on the net.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-5/332164-nexus-5-microphone-issue.html

Its a well known issue by Google. Pathetic QC by LG.

Guys, where is official google nexus service centre in Delhi/Noida region. I believe my microphone is broken. The other person cannot hear me if the phone is held in a horizontal position. I earlier thought its a sim card issue as no of times I got complaints from the opposite side that the other person can't hear me. Finally after some careful analysis zeroed it down to this. And after searching for the same on the net found this on the net.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-5/332164-nexus-5-microphone-issue.html

Its a well known issue by Google. Pathetic QC by LG.

LG service centre.. Check lg website..

Got my Nexus 5 16GB on 26th........ I wanted it on xmas day..... and Google had obliged as well..... so they shipped on 24th....... but thx to those FedEx morons having holiday on 25th..... the Phone only reached me on 26th.....

First impression: Love it!....... specially the screen size...... coming frm using Samsung Wave(GT-S8500) 3.3" screen for 3 yrs......
Though I must say I do like the Super AMOLED screen on Wave more than the IPS on N5......

Nxt is the OS...... was used to Bada OS on Wave...... having nvr used Android before......... it was fun to use...... though I was stumped by no apps having "Quit" or "Exit" options....... Using the "Back" button too often even on Chrome until I pushed the Home button;)......

Contacts were no where to be found...... then found ppl:)....... after having used TouchWiz for 3yrs...... this was difficult....... I still dont know how to send sms to someone frm ppl list:p...... can only do it frm Hangout.......

At first I went to chk Android ver..... into Updates...... it had already downloaded the update without asking me:shifty:....... it just asked me to "Restart"....... so I said later...... then I couldnt find the Restart button...... All it shows is Power Off......

Camera seems too eager & jumpy:snaphappy:...... like aimbot is turned ON in an FPS game:D...... always target locking:peeking: on something.......

So far the N5 is Super Fast....... awesome device...... plus I have so many things to learn..... tht many of u might take for granted......

I still havnt found way to create Homescreens(without icons)..... not able find Battery % icon on status........ not able to AM/PM in Status...... not able to arrange menu icons and many more.......

But am sure its going to be a gr8 experience on my first Android Phone:).......

Though I must say I do like the Super AMOLED screen on Wave more than the IPS on N5......
I ditched my Galaxy S I9000 4" Samoled and loving 5 inch IPS LCD, now feeling better.

Nxt is the OS...... was used to Bada OS on Wave...... having nvr used Android before......... it was fun to use...... though I was stumped by no apps having "Quit" or "Exit" options....... Using the "Back" button too often even on Chrome until I pushed the Home button;)......
Dude u got 2gb ram, u can open any no. of apps/games and go to home button directly. Personally I have tested with heaviest games like Asphalt8 & Real Racing3, didn't face any problem while switching the app.

Contacts were no where to be found...... then found ppl:)....... after having used TouchWiz for 3yrs...... this was difficult....... I still dont know how to send sms to someone frm ppl list:p...... can only do it frm Hangout.......
You are new on google, u need to set it first and then it will be on cloud forever.

At first I went to chk Android ver..... into Updates...... it had already downloaded the update without asking me:shifty:....... it just asked me to "Restart"....... so I said later...... then I couldnt find the Restart button...... All it shows is Power Off......
Not faced this, better to restart the phone always when u have installed latest firmware/patch.

Camera seems too eager & jumpy:snaphappy:...... like aimbot is turned ON in an FPS game:D...... always target locking:peeking: on something.......
In 4.4.2, its quite good and focus according to you(by touching foreground/backgroud objects on screen)

So far the N5 is Super Fast....... awesome device...... plus I have so many things to learn..... tht many of u might take for granted......

I still havnt found way to create Homescreens(without icons)..... not able find Battery % icon on status........ not able to AM/PM in Status...... not able to arrange menu icons and many more.......
Take help of Google, find apps for them.

But am sure its going to be a gr8 experience on my first Android Phone:).......

Back