Budget 20-25K Bought used iPhone 8 64 GB Gold @ 22K

iyengar

Adept
Guys,

Not sure it was wise decision to buy iPhone 8 (second hand) purchased on 09/10/2017. Do you think I need to sell it fast or keep it for an year or two. Please advice. Do you need pics or bill copy to evaluate?

Regards - Ram

I am still using the iPhone 7 I got over 1.5 years ago. I am not a power user and use phone only for calls, text, mails and whatsapp and the 7 with iOS 13 is perfectly fine for that usage. I will use it till Q1 next year and upgrade to the 11 as photography on the go is becoming important to me these days. You should try and use the 8 for 1 more year and try and upgrade to the iPhone 12 when it comes out.

I am still using the iPhone 7 I got over 1.5 years ago. I am not a power user and use phone only for calls, text, mails and whatsapp and the 7 with iOS 13 is perfectly fine for that usage. I will use it till Q1 next year and upgrade to the 11 as photography on the go is becoming important to me these days. You should try and use the 8 for 1 more year and try and upgrade to the iPhone 12 when it comes out.
Thanks bro, appreciate your response and guidance

From where you got? How is the battery because thats the first thing that degrades in iphone?You got bill too post it

The device owner is unknown to me, but the seller is partially known (cashify guy who repaired one of the old phones). Although I'm using the device, I'm new to iOS. I'm not sure how to measure or understand the battery stats it shows.

Yes, I have the bill. Yet again, I have n't validated/mapped any of the details mentioned in the bill against my device.

I'm such a untutored.

Regards - Ram

The device owner is unknown to me, but the seller is partially known (cashify guy who repaired one of the old phones). Although I'm using the device, I'm new to iOS. I'm not sure how to measure or understand the battery stats it shows.

Yes, I have the bill. Yet again, I have n't validated/mapped any of the details mentioned in the bill against my device.

I'm such a untutored.

Regards - Ram
Go to setting > battery > battery health. See that the percentage is. Above 80% is good to go as per apple. Less then that, needs a replacement if you have problem with backup or if device is under warrenty and ifs free for you [emoji28]

Go to setting > battery > battery health. See that the percentage is. Above 80% is good to go as per apple. Less then that, needs a replacement if you have problem with backup or if device is under warrenty and ifs free for you [emoji28]
says 82%... End of days???? How long do you think i have time to have this disposed????

says 82%... End of days???? How long do you think i have time to have this disposed????

Not exactly end of days. But once it drops to 80% or less, iOS may throttle the device. I got my current phone with 95%+ battery. After 25 months of using it, it's at 82%. Degradation from 87/88 to 82 was quite slow.

Not exactly end of days. But once it drops to 80% or less, iOS may throttle the device. I got my current phone with 95%+ battery. After 25 months of using it, it's at 82%. Degradation from 87/88 to 82 was quite slow.
Mine is 97 already within 2 months [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

That's the holding capacity of your battery. I think it's good to go for 1 or 2 yrs depending on your usage. Keep it charge above 40 percent to and below 80 to 85 percentage most of the time. This will help your battery health to be maintained.

Use the slow charge if possible and also try to avoid direct sunlight on your iPhone for long time, making it heat. Charge without mobile cover i.e remove the mobile cover before charging.

I have iphone se bought new 26 months ago is now at battery health of 86% but the battery lasts only 6-7 hrs standby time and only 2.5 hr screen on time.Anyone know what to do how much will battery replacement costs?

Thats really bad mine iphone se is at 86% lasts only 2-3hr screen time how much is your iphone 8 screen and standby time?

Back