Budget 20-25K Bought used iPhone 8 64 GB Gold @ 22K

iyengar

Adept
Guys,

Not sure it was wise decision to buy iPhone 8 (second hand) purchased on 09/10/2017. Do you think I need to sell it fast or keep it for an year or two. Please advice. Do you need pics or bill copy to evaluate?

Regards - Ram

Darn.. You guys are iPhone GURUs.

What is my next action? I have two three pics in the mobile and few apps.. Should I delete them too?

Don't worry too much. Just upgrade to iOS 13 and that will also enable the Optimized Battery Charging feature which is supposed to reduce battery ageing. If you travel a lot without access to a charger, keep a portable charger handy. My battery health is at 91% an it still lasts me through the day with an occasional 30 min evening topup at my workdesk or in my car. And the topup is not coz the phone is dying but only coz I dont want to end up with low battery if some unforeseen work emergency crops up.

Deleting apps and disabling features on the phone to save battery is not productive. Thats like buying a car and not driving coz you want to save fuel! Just ensure that no unwanted apps are there on the phone - We often install apps and forget them as they are not needed and some of those have access to background data, location etc. I try and keep only those apps on my phone that I use atleast once in 10-15 days. Everything else is uninstalled - If needed, you can always re-install.

If and when your battery drops to 80%, you can take a call on whether you want to get a new iPhone or you want to get the battery replaced by Apple. Till then, enjoy your current device.

Don't worry too much. Just upgrade to iOS 13 and that will also enable the Optimized Battery Charging feature which is supposed to reduce battery ageing. If you travel a lot without access to a charger, keep a portable charger handy. My battery health is at 91% an it still lasts me through the day with an occasional 30 min evening topup at my workdesk or in my car. And the topup is not coz the phone is dying but only coz I dont want to end up with low battery if some unforeseen work emergency crops up.

Deleting apps and disabling features on the phone to save battery is not productive. Thats like buying a car and not driving coz you want to save fuel! Just ensure that no unwanted apps are there on the phone - We often install apps and forget them as they are not needed and some of those have access to background data, location etc. I try and keep only those apps on my phone that I use atleast once in 10-15 days. Everything else is uninstalled - If needed, you can always re-install.

If and when your battery drops to 80%, you can take a call on whether you want to get a new iPhone or you want to get the battery replaced by Apple. Till then, enjoy your current device.
I have updated to the latest OS. What would it cost to replace battery (say original Apple battery)

I have attached image which says.. I'm done with Apple...

Attachments

• STATUS.PNG
    STATUS.PNG
    68.2 KB · Views: 153
Hahaha! I had a friend get his iPhone 7 battery replaced from Maple for some 7k. Think yours should be around the same mark. But no better way than to visit authorised service centre to find out.

Back