Brand New Wd 750 Gb Se16 Aaks For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah.. true.. coz i could have lied and then anyone could have bought it.. so there is no point in reducing the price

^^ Theres nothing unethical in that??Of course, selling that RMA'd HDD and claiming that you bought it would be unethical. 4500 is a real good price though.

Whats unethical in it??

when his disk came DOA, no one saw that as unethical??

Oh no that happens..electronic items..yeah?
Then why not if he take a premium for the trouble of going through the RMA??
For all you guys contemplating returning working drives in return of 750gb ones, thou art dark..darkness fills the bottomless pits of your heart:lol:

Seriously, you guys gotta stop with the ethical / unethical crap. 3 pages of it... it's getting old.

I'm sure you all including myself have our dark corners. Welcome to the real world. It's not that everybody selling stuff on TE has genuine stories about why they are selling and how they procured it.

It's his sale. Let him do whatever he wants to do with it. What matters to you guys as far as the sale is concerned is that it's brand new and that he's giving it up much lesser than the market price. How he got it, etc, doesn't really matter. What matters are the goods he's selling.

PERIOD.

Now can we just get on with the sale?

***Hi everyone wanted to give u one imp information which Satan our te member found out !! actually when he checked the warranty it was valid till 2011 i checked the website where it was written that u have to send orignal copy of bill of the previous hdd so the warranty will get updated . So i have mail the Wdc guys and also will be calling up them tom so get the warranty extended which was orignalally till 2013 .
Kindly please read this as i have already forwarded this matter. just wanted to let everyone aware of this .

By default, the warranty date is calculated from the manufacture date. However, if you have proof of purchase, we can update the warranty to calculate it from the purchase date. If you feel that the warranty date needs to be updated from the purchase date, please follow the instructions below.

Send us an email from this link:
Ask a Question
Put in "Update warranty" in the subject line.
Attach a picture or a scanned copy of your purchase receipt (jpg, jpeg, or gif formats only, max 500KB)
Send the email.

I have a few questions for you guys

1) If you a receive a DOA drive, would WD replace it with a brand new one / a refurbished drive?

2) Does anybody know the time frame from the date of purchase upto which they would replace it with a new drive as opposed to a refurbished piece?

3) Is there any way to check if a drive is refurbed or new?

This really isnt a discussion... it directly pertains to the sale at hand.

Those are all questions directly relating to the drive being sold.

Most of the times you will get refurb drives which had problems in their electronics ( PCB short, broken connectors etc )
Manufacturers don't repair drives with crashed discs/heads.

A brand new piece is provided only if a refurb is not available.

I got this info from a US forum. It was mentioned as policy followed by Seagate. Don't know what they do in India though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back