Branded blowers worth it?

Hey fellas I use a local, unbranded blower, some John Power to dust off my desktop and sometimes for other purpose like blowing dust off window nets and so on but this piece of crap blower has needed two services in last two years and it also is not that powerful (except for cleaning the desktop). I bought it in 2015 for a mere 600 rupees from local market in Kolkata. It almost always disperses a burning smell or whatever. Now again the blowing speed is suddenly weak, and this time I won't service it again. Instead thought of purchasing a new blower. Found branded blowers like Bosch or Stanley costs like ₹ 2000-2500. My question is, are they worth the cost considering the longevity, if applicable, and power of them? There is also Dewalt one which is even ₹ 4200, though it shows blowing speed of 4.5 m3/min (cfm) compared to 3.5 m3/min (cfm) of Bosch and Stanley models.

So which one should I go for and why? I have no idea about these. How are the branded ones differ from the cheapo 700 rupee models? Just copper armature or what? Will the branded ones last a long time? I need not care about any suction capability as I use separate vacuum cleaner for that. Only need a powerful blower, which can remove sticky dusts even. Don't care about loud sounds either.

Thanks in advance.

Blower around 1000 Rs are enough for daily use, just don't overuse them on single use.

If they stop working, generally require carbon brush change that's it..

Don't overspend on them...

Hey fellas I use a local, unbranded blower, some John Power to dust off my desktop and sometimes for other purpose like blowing dust off window nets and so on but this piece of crap blower has needed two services in last two years and it also is not that powerful (except for cleaning the desktop). I bought it in 2015 for a mere 600 rupees from local market in Kolkata. It almost always disperses a burning smell or whatever. Now again the blowing speed is suddenly weak, and this time I won't service it again. Instead thought of purchasing a new blower. Found branded blowers like Bosch or Stanley costs like ₹ 2000-2500. My question is, are they worth the cost considering the longevity, if applicable, and power of them? There is also Dewalt one which is even ₹ 4200, though it shows blowing speed of 4.5 m3/min (cfm) compared to 3.5 m3/min (cfm) of Bosch and Stanley models.

So which one should I go for and why? I have no idea about these. How are the branded ones differ from the cheapo 700 rupee models? Just copper armature or what? Will the branded ones last a long time? I need not care about any suction capability as I use separate vacuum cleaner for that. Only need a powerful blower, which can remove sticky dusts even. Don't care about loud sounds either.

Thanks in advance.

I don’t think any blower will remove a sticky dust without any scrapping attachment ... you can move with a cheap ones & as he said, change the brush now & often. For better results, you can invest in air compressors, where the pressure can be adjusted & could be also used for other purposes.

Back