Budget 31-40k Branded Desktop PC suggestion

I am looking to purchase a branded PC. This is for office usage, the application that runs will be the browser, no other requirement. Budget is 35,000/- max.

Inspiron 3268 Small Desktop is something i considered.

http://www.dell.com/in/p/inspiron-3268-desktop/pd?oc=a241101uin8&model_id=inspiron-3268-desktop

Look like there is very less choice when it comes to desktop PC.

Have anyone suggestions for different make?
Don't go with branded desktop PC.
Answer this Questionnaire:https://www.techenclave.com/communi...-i-buy-use-this-when-asking-for-advice.73107/

What is your budget?

35 K

What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

None, this is new PC.

Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name)

Need all, this is new PC.

Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future

This is final config, no plan for later upgrades.

Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Local, Kochi, Kerala.

Open to online purchase

No. i want to have 1 bill, so it will be considered "Computer" for accounting (depreciation) purpose. Buying online get multiple bills, that will be hard to convenience accountant. I do believe that works, but accountant may not be happy.

Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Office work. Mostly Chrome, Firefox, Gimp.

Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

I prefer Asus mother board, no real reason. My current PC have it and it worked 5 years with out any problem. I am not sure how other boards work, maybe every board is same.. But i am happy with this. Previouly i had AMD CPU, that PC i had faced problems at times. Maybe it is not fault of the AMD, i may have purchased bad components at that time.

What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Prefer 24 inch monitor. Don't want high end, just low end is fine.

Are you looking to overclock?

No

Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Ubuntu 16.04

Prebuilt desktops are a massive waste of money, better build something. You will get separate bills for products but I suppose you can go to some local retailers and assemble the pc there, ask for a single bill for all the components.

Also local retailers will be more expensive then buying online, but miles ahead of prebuilt

OP seems to be buying a PC for office... in which case, buying a pre-built will be better since he will get support. Also I don't know how active your audit is, and if you will be able to convince them that each component was indeed the L1 quote. If office is paying for it, better to get pre-built quotes and decide on them.

Back