Broadband modem buying help

Can you check one thing please. Download a couple of torrents on pc and check if WiFi freezes over a period of time without limiting download/upload speeds

Don't have time to do thorough tests, but it's been working fine with torrent downloads over the past 2 weeks. No freezing or hanging as you say. I get all of my 4mbps connection's download speed.
I'm using it in a sort of weird way though... I'm using it only as a wifi router with a Hathway-provided modem.

Yea that's why i guess you don't have any issues. I want to see if it can support both modem+wifi. When i tried the v3 wifi would freeze with my rpi running.

Yea that's why i guess you don't have any issues. I want to see if it can support both modem+wifi. When i tried the v3 wifi would freeze with my rpi running.

I have the same router at my parents' place since a year. There it works as a modem+router. Downloaded many torrents there and it's been smooth sailing.
I haven't checked whether it's v3 or v4, though. Probably a v3 since it was bought last year.

So guys what's the conclusion is v3 better than v4
I have the same router at my parents' place since a year. There it works as a modem+router. Downloaded many torrents there and it's been smooth sailing.
I haven't checked whether it's v3 or v4, though. Probably a v3 since it was bought last year.

Missed the detail regarding the requirements.
My bad.

I am more inclined to believe that TP Link 8968's V4 again has a dummy antenna.
The box for V3 said 2 x 5dBi antenna gain? @eternoMind

I have v3. I use with rPi. I have never saw any freezing problem etc. I use it as modem+wifi.

I am more inclined to believe that TP Link 8968's V4 again has a dummy antenna.
The box for V3 said 2 x 5dBi antenna gain?

Even I too feel that with v4 they have just masked this issue of one fake antenna. About 2 antennas, box of V3 says so; here is pic of box.

upload_2015-8-24_15-5-19.png

That is why I said this is very sly of them. And of course the V3's box said 2 x 5dbi antennas, which is why I bought it in the first place. Then avi posted his nice little fact finding experiment which burst the bubble I was living in till then. Turns out it indeed has one dummy antenna.

On the positive side though, I too have never had any freezing or hanging issues with the device until now. Use it as a modem+router on a BSNL BB connection. There is also a firmware update available for V3 that I downloaded after installing Win 10. Am yet to install as I read it might reset all settings. Anybody here tried the new firmware?

@avi i had the issue. Internet would work on the rpi. But WiFi won't work. I tried all fixes from google but nothing worked. Tp link cc was horrible never responded till date. So returned it to Amazon.

Even I too feel that with v4 they have just masked this issue of one fake antenna. About 2 antennas, box of V3 says so; here is pic of box.

Pretty shameless of them to be selling a device with blatant misleading info mentioned. This is a clear case of cheating.
Buyers should be eligible for some compensation.

Atleast the device doesn't freeze and works fine even the other antenna is dummy.

That is no consolation. It is expected out of every product to work efficiently.

So, what are the options here for the OP's query?

Back