Broadband suggestion in Karnataka-help required.

vercetti4x6

Disciple
Hi. My cousin needs a new broadband connection. He's in Mysore. He wants to download movies and few games. He had decided on bsnl Rs.500 plan with 2am to 8am unlimited free. But I asked him to give airtel a thought. I don't know anything about airtel's plans. Is there any good plan from airtel at Rs.500. He doesn't have any landline right now. Please ask if any input is required from my side as I'm total broadband noob and I want to help him choose the best. Thanks in advance.

Yeah Airtel is good..good servicing support..Me too from Mysore..
Was using the 700 rent 256kbps UL plan..not nowadays as i m posted in mumbai coz of the company :(
Dont know about the latest plans from Airtel..

Airtel 2 mbps user in Mysore here .. the customer care here simply rocks .. 2 days turn around time for every problem .. I call the agents to pick up and drop my bill etc .. Even BSNL here is good as for some time i had it but it was a pain to set it up to download between 2-8am

Speed's 256kbps upto 2mbps. So in effect you will be able to dload at speed's ranging from 30kBps to around 150~ kBps (supposedly some friends of mine have experienced 200+ speeds but you never know). You have a limit of 1.5GB with 175 free calls per month or 2.5 GB with only 50 free calls per month. Your friend will have to chose on one of the plans depending on his requirements. 2am-8am is the night UL period when the downloading won't count towards the overall limit.

Cool. Thanks supra. but, he seems to download more than 5gb a month. Does the 2mbps in bsnl too cost 500? Then, why is there a necessity of selecting 256kbps?

Back