Brochure / Catalog Design Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan

Adept
GreenHorn's WTB thread for a Logo made me realise that we have such a huge talent pool here.

At the present time, I can't really go into too much of what we do. Sufficed to say, Prefect Reflections is a way of life for us.

I am looking for brochure designs with a compelling and intriguing introduction to a world of Perfection in Reflection. I am looking for Black backgrounds (Serious PRO look) merged with the Fast and the Furious Neon colors theme.

I am willing to pay between Rs. 1000 to 3000 depending on the work. If I really like it, it could mean a long line of work, with a lot of perks ;)

Please see the images attached below.

dsc01340.jpg

To give you an idea of what i'm lookng for... ofcourse the theme should be centered around cars.

water-reflection-final-pic.jpg

dw-reflection-em-120_m.jpg

04_basicReflection.jpg

I guess I can help U...

But plz elaborate your need...[at present everything is going about head..]

U need a good photograph including reflection..[main requirement]

And the main subject should be cars only......

M i right

Is it all U need, or something more is there in specification....

What materials will you be providing the designers? Any pro looking images from your side?

edit: also there are many types of brochures.
example - single page (A4 size), 2 fold (A4 size), tri fold (A4 size), booklet etc.
Sizes of paper also change - A4, A5, A3, etc

decide which one you want. let us know.

Ok here it is.

Requirements
1) Single Page Flyer (not sure what size that is)
2) A4 2 Fold brochure

Theme
The theme of this brochure has to be about reflection. The product is primarly aimed at cars. As you can see from the pictures, these products bring out the best reflection from any surface.

I don't really know how else to elaborate this.

Those who are interested, PM your telephone numbers to me and I will explain it over the phone to you.

I wasn't aware it was done any other way :p

All jokes aside...
Yes, if I like a design that you come up with, then you make away with the spoils ;)

Cheers

Satan said:
I wasn't aware it was done any other way :p

All jokes aside...
Yes, if I like a design that you come up with, then you make away with the spoils ;)

Cheers

means, i go to a restaurant, eat up all the food but i'll only pay if i like the food.

gr8 idea !!!!!! :hap2:

Ah you got it wrong.

You go to the restaurant... see the menu... if you like what's on it... you go ahead and order it.

You show me your designs (watermarked samples / low res photos)... if I like it... you then proceed to give me the original copy and I pay you for it.

I did enjoy the banter... but let's keep it clean eh mate? :D

just a slight difference , a logo can be made faster , secondly a brochure takes more time to design. why dont you take a look at their portfolio and then give one of them the work , that would more suit the restaurant and menu analogy

I havent checked the logo thread but this looks like SCAM to me.

I think the Buyer should ask for portfolios and select a person on the basis of the profile rather than asking everyone to come up with a design, however if you're very keen about this you should try SitePoint : New Articles, Fresh Thinking for Web Developers and Designers. On the contrary, I dont want to waste my time for 3k that too for brochure design, normally I charge around 20-50k depending upon the work.

Satan said:
Ah you got it wrong.

You go to the restaurant... see the menu... if you like what's on it... you go ahead and order it.

You show me your designs (watermarked samples / low res photos)... if I like it... you then proceed to give me the original copy and I pay you for it.

I did enjoy the banter... but let's keep it clean eh mate? :D

do they show u food samples before u order, coz which ever restaurants i go to, they don't.

no offense

this way, suppose u get 10 designs for couple of guys, u select one, rest all effort & time is gone waste.

i'll tell u how it goes, u pay advance before it starts, u get 2 or more samples, u select one & finalize it & then pay rest of the amount & get the final soft copy for printing or whichever media.

malhotraraul said:
do they show u food samples before u order, coz which ever restaurants i go to, they don't.

no offense

this way, suppose u get 10 designs for couple of guys, u select one, rest all effort & time is gone waste.

i'll tell u how it goes, u pay advance before it starts, u get 2 or more samples, u select one & finalize it & then pay rest of the amount & get the final soft copy for printing or whichever media.

Totally agree on that :)

^^^ You guys seriously want OP to pay to all the designers in advance with some amount??

You need to consider the fact that he may have limited funds. Had he access to ample funds, he would have refrained from putting this up here with a limit of 3K.

malhotraraul said:

no offense

I think there is NO compulsion from the OP. If you feel & agree to abide by the conditions mentioned above then go ahead, else keep away from thread. How is it going to waste your time & effort? Am i missing something out here?

Again, no offense :)

blufox said:
^^^ You guys seriously want OP to pay to all the designers in advance with some amount??
You need to consider the fact that he may have limited funds. Had he access to ample funds, he would have refrained from putting this up here with a limit of 3K.

read is thread, he got inspired by that logo thread so he thought that opening a thread for brochure, all the brochure will just start popping up like that thread.

trigger said:
I think there is NO compulsion from the OP. If you feel & agree to abide by the conditions mentioned above then go ahead, else keep away from thread. How is it going to waste your time & effort? Am i missing something out here?

Again, no offense :)

u investing ur time & effort in making something for someone for which u don't know whether its gonna be liked / approved or not.

it is as simple as that, there is nothing to be missed.

malhotraraul said:
u investing ur time & effort in making something for someone for which u don't know whether its gonna be liked / approved or not.

it is as simple as that, there is nothing to be missed.

@malhotraraul:Rightly said. Agree with you in totality.
Like another member said its upto the individual to decide whether he/she wants to go ahead with speculative work. But i do have a question for TE members. Would you buy say ram, or processor or motherboard from a dealer with the condition that you will try it for a few days and then if you like it, decide whether to buy it or not. Be it designing or any other thing, there is time and there is effort involved.

Right said.:).this is a form of spec work.
krazypop said:
@malhotraraul:Rightly said. Agree with you in totality.
Like another member said its upto the individual to decide whether he/she wants to go ahead with speculative work. But i do have a question for TE members. Would you buy say ram, or processor or motherboard from a dealer with the condition that you will try it for a few days and then if you like it, decide whether to buy it or not. Be it designing or any other thing, there is time and there is effort involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back