BSNL 3G Low Speeds

Hi, I just took bsnl 3g connection. And am using Nokia 6120c. When I connect it to PC with PC suite and with APN 'bsnlnet', i'm getting a speed of 200KBps max.

I live in Tirupathi. Is there any thing that I can do from my sides to improve the speeds?

And another question, is it safe to download stuff for extended period of time with a phone. the phone is getting hot :ashamed:

thanks. :)

LOL.. I when i said slow.. i din't mean it literally. Slow when compared to the speeds what other mobile users are getting :p.

But any ways all the best with your speeds. Nice to see you here, sooooo long :)

200 KB/s is what most of the ppl are getting here on average in daytime/evening. Speeds of above 300KB/s are only in late night and early evening :p

Phone is not recommended at all....the battery will die very soon ...get a Huawei E122/E1752 from TE Dealer section

I have got another small question guys. When can one get best speeds? Time of downloading, i mean.
EDIT:

Time: 12:38AM

I thought speeds will be good late night. Now, speeds are pathetic, Hardly getting 60KBps. :(

Get the TRIBAND data card from BSNL---i am using one and the download speed varies from 390kB/s-430kB/s on private trackers/DD---Average upload i get on this card is 190kB/s usually varies from 190-215kB/s.

Getting Huawei E1750 in couple of days. I hope, I will have a pleasant experience with it.

I'm using mobile modem now, and..Transfers stop after 15-20 mins of downloading. I have to disconnect the connection and should reconnect it in order to get the transfers back. But If i don't download anything and just surf, I don't face this problem. What is the problem here? phone?

I tested using a friends terracom modem the speeds are very slow, checked all settings, network is UMTS, signal is good yet slow speeds. i am getting a UMG 1831 shortly, which supports higher speeds. Any suggestions what to do or who to complain for the very slow speeds.

Guys, I got HUawei E1750. But speeds are same as it was on mobile, which are rarely crossing 200KBps. And stuck at 100-130KBps most of the time.

I'm running on HSPA BSNL mode. And getting 40% signal strength. And the speeds will be one and the same even if network strength is below 20%

Any idea on what might be causing the problem?

I have the same speed experiencing via phone (N82) and E122.....Do u people think if I buy usb dongle from BSNL, i,e white one with BSNL sticker on it

will increase the speed ?

I don't think buying a dongle will help, i am using one and was getting good speeds on weekdays, but on weekends its damm slow getting harldy 512 kBps to 1 Mbps speeds that also there is lot of fluctuation in speeds. Signal strength is constant -75dBm.

vamsi_krishna said:
I have got another small question guys. When can one get best speeds? Time of downloading, i mean.
EDIT:

Time: 12:38AM

I thought speeds will be good late night. Now, speeds are pathetic, Hardly getting 60KBps. :(

I think everyone thinks the same way thats why night speeds are low, cuz every1 's on at nite :p

Back