Bsnl Boradband Speed Query

ubergeek

Skilled
well i have a bsnl 500ul plan when i download during the free hours that is 2-8 i only get speeds upto 70kbps max i recently moved to bsnl from airtel so please help

well i usually download a lot from rapidshare but i hate flash get had a lot of problems wid it even torrent speeds are restricted i used the port checker it says the porst a re closed if i portforward my ip wll be turned into a n static ip and i will no longer be able to get fles from rapidhsare help anyone?

Port forwarding won't make ur IP static. Only ur LAN IP needs to be forwarded. The modem/ router IP will always be dynamic. Just a reboot of ur modem will change ur IP. I'm assuming u're using always on broadband here.

Naga said:
Port forwarding won't make ur IP static. Only ur LAN IP needs to be forwarded. The modem/ router IP will always be dynamic. Just a reboot of ur modem will change ur IP. I'm assuming u're using always on broadband here.

yup and pleasw help me with thesde terrible speeds

wat firewall you use???
Look for a portforwarding guide for it..

Portforwarding doesnt make your ip static..
Also, direct download speed is not effected cause of portforwarding, so why dont you try to download 3 files simultaneously and see their combined speed...If tis above 200KBps then you are good to go...

I have 500 night unlimited plan , I get around 225 KBps if I use flashget or any downloader . I get around 200 KBps while downloading with bittorrent from 2-8 :) .

Try downloading mutiple files simultaneously using flashget or from bittorrent .

Back