BSNL Brings ACT Fibernet like FTTH plans in Chennai & Bangalore

OT but it seems that people of Andhra are the luckiest of them all: http://www.medianama.com/2014/11/22...ery-home-chandrababu-naidu-cm-andhra-pradesh/
Yes, I have seen his World economic forum Speech. He's Quite ambitious CM's known for IT, 100mbps minimum.. he knows what he is doing.
Others ministers would be like 2mbps is good speed, we will upgrade all homes with minimum 2mbps speed. :p
This person will soon be known for setting an trend in Broadband Sector, He may guide Prime minister on this. :)

These type of plans will be rolled out in all BSNL circles (at least big cities) within the next 6 months.
*conditions apply.
If that city has some competition.

The second BSNL plan in chennai 60 Mbps at 2000 seems good for me. Does anyone know how reliable BSNL is? I use my connection for work as well so I cannot afford downtimes.

I'm getting really tired of Airtel's shit. My speed has gone to the dogs and I don't get anything close to the 4mbps I'm supposed to be getting but I almost never have downtime so I'm sticking with them.

Visit the Exchange.
Edit: Even in Hyderabad there are less than 250 FTTH connections from BSNL. Service is pathetic at my nearest exchange, so never bothered about Fiber plans.

Last edited:
So since BSNL has finally rolled out FTTH in Bangalore, wanted to know feedback from the FTTH users from Bangalore/elsewhere.

I can afford the awesome 40Mbps 75GB 1395 ULD plan. But is their FTTH service reliable? (ADSL connection itself is shoddy in my area with at least one downtime per month - Brookefield/Kundalahalli)

What else should I learn regarding FTTH modem? Does the ONT modem that BSNL provides have wifi?
If not, I currently have a 'TPLINK TD-W8968 300Mbps ADSL2 + Modem Router' Will I be able to use this or some other wifi only modem along with ONT?

If their service is shoddy I can wait for a while before switching and move to 845ULD which offers 30GB @ 4Mbps and save Rs.600 on my current 1445ULD

Last edited:
Visit the Exchange.
Edit: Even in Hyderabad there are less than 250 FTTH connections from BSNL. Service is pathetic at my nearest exchange, so never bothered about Fiber plans.

My brother did just this. They had no idea such plans even existed, looked at him like he was some alien.

Enquired regarding the FTTH plan in the exchange. Currently they have fiber connections only to 2 large societies in my area and will provide fiber connection if 15 connections from the same apartment requests for the same.

So downgraded to BB ULD 845 CS50 and hence this is not a combo plan have to pay Rs.195 as min LL rental. So its Rs.1040 + Tax for 30 GB @ 4Mbps (512Kbps post FUP) and 50 free calls (Read some reports that BSNL is now offering 195 free calls for the Rs.195 plan. Not sure as exchange guys told its 50 free calls)

When a small provider like ACT can provide fiber plans for anyone if they have coverage in the area, why can't BSNL :(

Even Last week my friend enquired at the exchange asking for FTTH, They said they can provide only if 25 subscribers signup near his apartments. Quite a huge task to accomplish.

Chennai has 2410 FTTH and Karnataka as a whole has 3677 FTTH connections.
Thats just way to less.

WP_20141203_002.jpg

Enquired regarding the FTTH plan in the exchange. Currently they have fiber connections only to 2 large societies in my area and will provide fiber connection if 15 connections from the same apartment requests for the same.

So downgraded to BB ULD 845 CS50 and hence this is not a combo plan have to pay Rs.195 as min LL rental. So its Rs.1040 + Tax for 30 GB @ 4Mbps (512Kbps post FUP) and 50 free calls (Read some reports that BSNL is now offering 195 free calls for the Rs.195 plan. Not sure as exchange guys told its 50 free calls)

When a small provider like ACT can provide fiber plans for anyone if they have coverage in the area, why can't BSNL :(
Can you provide me the link of that 4Mbps 30GB FUP plan ? I can't see that here :S

Back