BSNL Brings ACT Fibernet like FTTH plans in Chennai & Bangalore

Is there any chance this plan will come to kerala ? I was planning to disconnect bsnl after 9 years and try railwire.

No, such offers are only limited to Hyderabad and Bangalore due to Act fibernet, better try Railwire.

So it's a broadband plan and not FTTH. So should be available every where. What does promotional offer means? is it a limited offer or something?

BSNL Karnataka offers such promotional plans in Broadband and cellular market to compete with other companies and to also gauge market interest, if BSNL karnataka customers show interest then such plans are made permanent.

Just covering the major cities of India would be more than enough to offer serious competition. Hope they establish themselves in Delhi NCR area as well.

Recently one of my Friend went for VDSL plan, they offered him FTTH.
Installation: 500;
ONT Deposit: 1000
ONT Rent/month: 100

Any FTTH Customers? who can shed light on the equipment they use and Speed.

They're mostly on to South and looking at their Press statements, they're only concentrating on 1 City/ year. Next is Coimbatore
Well, I really hope they increase their presence all over to make an impact on the broadband pricing like they have done in Hyd and Blore

Where are you located mate? If Chennai/Bangalore, your other option would be YOU which has the most affordable 100mbps plan, the downside is the service is extremely geocentric. Anyways here is the ACT link - http://www.acttv.in/index.php/products/act-broadband
I live in Delhi NCR and I was just asking out of curiosity since Bangalore is considered the silicon valley of India, so, internet plans should be way much better than the rest of the country as nation's IT strength is concentrated there.

I wonder when Internet scenario would change for India where for like 1000 bucks a guy could get like 10mbps unlimited speed with like 200 GB download and then downgrade to 4mbps or something. This alone is more than enough for my needs, since i'm using 1 mbps unlimited plan for 1400 per month. :p

Back