BSNL Brings ACT Fibernet like FTTH plans in Chennai & Bangalore

swatkats

Skilled
BSNL CHENNAI:

wZxvpe5.jpg

BSNL Bangalore FTTH

T3M1ypE.jpg

So BSNL won't change unless and until they get a competitor in that circle. :mad:

Last edited:
Also I think that this is some of promo and not the final plan.
This offer is applicable for a few months and not all months?
Just have to get the same confirmed.

I know someone who is going to take this in Chennai. However, its not there in all areas, so a couple of guys from TE wont be able to shift to this service - from the TE Anime/Movies/TV group!

I am on the promo plan where the base speed is 1Mbps after 20GB worth of download. Before that it is 2Mbps. (landline bband/1445+ taxes) Dont think i want to shift back to a plan where 512kbps is the post FUP limit.

The day the base speed becomes something like 2Mbps, this plan will be on top of my priority list. About time Indian govt pulled their head out of the sand/broke the corporate lobby and get this thing done.

Yes BSNL will never change. Why would they?

I'm living in Jammu from last 22 years and 10 years back I got to know broadband is a thing. Now, only bsnl exists here. Just BSNL. FUP is total crap and then their plans... my gawd.

I'm on 675 plan with 512kbps unlimited no fup. I manage to deal with this, but I so wish a competitor come here (not airtel) and be pain in the ass for BSNL. If a company manages to come here with great plans, man they will get customers like candy.

I can manage max 1k for broadband , but I really hope that in future we atleast get to have 2mbps unlimited no fup. Is that so much to ask? :(

Also I think that this is some of promo and not the final plan.
It is a Regular FTTH plan. Tricky part is feasibility. Its a shame if they say they do not have feasibility in main areas of city since they rolled out FTTH in 2011 itself.

Last edited:
Any idea of whether this will roll out in Bangalore? ACT has more coverage in Bangalore. Excellent plans though. I never thought BSNL would be able to match ACT in terms of speed and FUP.

I am also currently on the plan 1445+ Tax which has post FUP limit of 1Mbps. But would take 40GB @ 20 Mbps any day.

damn when BSNL is planning to launch this plan in Pune

Pune has Spectranet!! :D
I wish Kolkata had some of the ISPs like spectranet...

Yes, for the user it would be a hell of a torture.
From 20mbps to 512kbps. That's going to be such a fail.

yeah lol
from light speed to standstill.

But i guess ping will improve a lot helping those who like to do online MP gaming... Like me. BSNL's bad ping got me kicked out of BF3 servers :(
and 512kbps will be ample enough for gaming..

Back