BSNL Broadband FUP redirects all HTTP traffic

Party Monger

Skilled
I'm on an unlimited connection. Noticed this since the evening. The connection reset yesterday and been getting pre FUP speed and weirdly after a few gb of download, now it redirects all http pages to a page that asks if the user wants to buy a voucher to extend the FUP (Best is Rs 500 for 20gb) or continue with reduced speeds (512kbps unlimited).

Here's the really sad part. Neither of the options, when clicked, get processed adn throw server errors (Java). So I;m stuck with all HTTP traffic being redirected to a shitty BSNL page.

Anyone else with unlimited connection have the same issue? If you speed got reset too, then dont finish the FUP by downloading. As you'l be stuck like me. Hope these numbnuts figure things out tomorrow.

I'm on an unlimited connection. Noticed this since the evening. The connection reset yesterday and been getting pre FUP speed and weirdly after a few gb of download, now it redirects all http pages to a page that asks if the user wants to buy a voucher to extend the FUP (Best is Rs 500 for 20gb) or continue with reduced speeds (512kbps unlimited).

Here's the really sad part. Neither of the options, when clicked, get processed adn throw server errors (Java). So I;m stuck with all HTTP traffic being redirected to a shitty BSNL page.

Anyone else with unlimited connection have the same issue? If you speed got reset too, then dont finish the FUP by downloading. As you'l be stuck like me. Hope these numbnuts figure things out tomorrow.

This may not be related to the issue you are facing but I've also been getting these Java errors on various govt websites like Elec, water, etc.

Switching to IE seemed to fix the problem for me. You might want to give it a go.

I used an ipad with Safari and it worked. Dont know if it worked cause of the the browser or they just corrected the error. But thanks, Will try your suggestion next time.

i also got the redirect on mobile phone (Wifi) and desktop browser firefox , but i had no issue select option to continue with Low Speed (512kbps ) and it told me to reboot the Router and till now i had no issue

I am on unlimited plan , but from yesterday ,even though my 15 Gb limit is not reached ,none of the torrents give more than 2o KB/s . But a file downloader can pull more than 400KB/s . Is BSNL throttling torrents speeds ? . This is in Bangalore .

Same Problem here

and after selecting the decline either the page crashes or request cannot be honoured 1003 type error or something is displayed

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 2,351
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,428
Party_monger, I also got the same message as you described yesterday and had same FUP thing going on my side. I was suprised how my speed got back to 1Mbps. Now it is back to 512kbps post FUP. My connection is working fine though and can open all websites without issues but the speed sucks. The problem for me is that I am stuck with BSNL since no other connection seems to reach my area. You could contact your local techinical office and report it directly to them.

My connection too has gotten reset and i m getting full speeds but there is no page redirection and all.
So any idea whether the connection will normally reset again at this month end ?

Recently got this too for the first time in the month of November when my FUP got over, after clicking NO for voucher it mentioned the need to reset my modem which I had to do else it would always open this prompt page.

Just restart the wifi router.
Its a new feature by BSNL which requires wifi router to be restarted once the FUP is reached.

I wasnt able to ping their internal ip address. Dont think restarting router helps. Their webpage is up now and i was able to get past it.

BSNL seems to be getting stupider day - by - day. Sad story: the situation of internet distribution in India. I moved to Airtel FUP first time last month, after changing houses. Had no option, cause my society only has Airtel. I will FUP - out (80 GB) quite soon. Then snail surf.

Sigh.....

yeah same problem from last 4 months but if we try to upgrade the voucher it just shows an error and just restarting the modem doesn't help first we have to decline the speed then restart the modem then that stupid page will go from all browsers........ :sorry:

My unlimited has ended, and if I want open any of the pages, the home page of BSNL is continuously taking up the place showing that my speed has ended and either I can continue by topping up my account or can continue at the reduced speed. However it is giving me chance to upgrade the account, but not allowing me to continue with my reduced speed. This is ridiculous. I can not continue on reduced speed. This is Bullshit. I want to continue using net on the reduced speed. If I have no problem with that, who the hell is BSNL to force me to upgrade my account.

Back