BSNL broadband surrender

Hi guys

I have been using BSNLs UL900+ connection for the last 1 and half years. Now I have booked for the new 999 UL (384 kbps) connection from Airtel.

Do you guys know what should I do to surrender my BSNL connection? I need to surrender it immediately.

Either approach the customer care or write (by registered post) to the Accounts Officer(Dataone), BSNL. Probably they will charge you till the month end.

contact the customer care in your area.. they will tell u wht to do... but use it at least for this month, because, they will charge this months bill also ;)

Thanks guys

I need to surrender it in 2 weeks time atleast. I have booked for the airtel connection which they told will take 2 weeks time as they are still setting up their things in my area.

I read somewhere that surrendering of BSNL connection is tougher than getting a new connection(which took 3 months in my case) :ashamed:

Guess I'll have to take one day off from office and do all these things..:S

Interesting situation that u r in.

Getting a BSNL is real tough these days. Dunno abt surrendering.

I myself am on 256kbps connection and from noida. In the past ~3 yrs i have had abt 7-8 downtimes which is not bad for a govt isp..

Airtel gen gurantees good service and only marginal % of their customers have cribbed.

So the option of waiting to see if this new ISP is crappy is ruled out.

At the max what u can do is wait for ur airtel to give u a connection and then u can merrily say goodbye to BSNL .. Enjoying the new 356kbps line of urs.. :hap2:

Play Safe .. ;)

Hmm.. I wanted to take Airtel initially, but it was not available in my place. So had to go for BSNL which as I said took 3 months for the connection to be setup. Had very few downtimes and speed was consistent. But last month there was some cable breakage in my area and the broadband was out for 2 weeks!! I called up all the babus to get it fixed. At that momemt I decided that I would switch if Airtel was to start BB in my place :)

Spacescreamer said:
Interesting situation that u r in.

Getting a BSNL is real tough these days. Dunno abt surrendering.
I myself am on 256kbps connection and from noida. In the past ~3 yrs i have had abt 7-8 downtimes which is not bad for a govt isp..

Airtel gen gurantees good service and only marginal % of their customers have cribbed.
So the option of waiting to see if this new ISP is crappy is ruled out.
At the max what u can do is wait for ur airtel to give u a connection and then u can merrily say goodbye to BSNL .. Enjoying the new 356kbps line of urs.. :hap2:

Play Safe .. ;)

surrendering is not a big thing.

you need to fill up a form or write a plain paper application and give it to nearby cc.

get an acknowledgement in a copy (xerox or carbon).

as bsnl collects a months rental in advance you need to consider that.

Any service change or discontinue application given prior to 22/25 th of the month will be implemented from coming 1st date of next month.

while any application later that 22/25th will be considered on 1st of next to next month.

just check the cutoff date 22nd or 25th.

enjoy your new isp.

Thanks medpal

I plan to surrender my BSNL BB next week(after confirming with Airtel). Thanks for the info.

medpal said:
surrendering is not a big thing.

you need to fill up a form or write a plain paper application and give it to nearby cc.

get an acknowledgement in a copy (xerox or carbon).

as bsnl collects a months rental in advance you need to consider that.

Any service change or discontinue application given prior to 22/25 th of the month will be implemented from coming 1st date of next month.

while any application later that 22/25th will be considered on 1st of next to next month.

just check the cutoff date 22nd or 25th.

enjoy your new isp.

Just write a letter mentioning that you want to discontinue BSNL's services from such date and make sure you take/send a duplicate copy of it and submit it by hand at the customer service counter. Usually they will ack with a seal on the duplicate and also give you a slip for that.

You will most probably get a call few days later asking you if you have rented the modem. If you have rented the modem, you would have to give it back (make sure you get some kind of ack for that too). Otherwise, you dont have to do anything. Just make sure you dont even attempt to connect after the date you mention in the letter.

BSNL is not that bad (atleast here in Mysore), they are a bit slower than Airtel in attending complaints. I have used both for more than a year, and both have been pretty good.

Thanks Kuantum and random2

BSNL has been pretty good, except for that long downtime that I had mentioned. Also Airtel is giving 384kbps UL for almost the same amount(with 1:1 dl/ul ratio). So that made me decide on surrendering BSNL and taking Airtel.

random2 said:
Just write a letter mentioning that you want to discontinue BSNL's services from such date and make sure you take/send a duplicate copy of it and submit it by hand at the customer service counter. Usually they will ack with a seal on the duplicate and also give you a slip for that.

You will most probably get a call few days later asking you if you have rented the modem. If you have rented the modem, you would have to give it back (make sure you get some kind of ack for that too). Otherwise, you dont have to do anything. Just make sure you dont even attempt to connect after the date you mention in the letter.

BSNL is not that bad (atleast here in Mysore), they are a bit slower than Airtel in attending complaints. I have used both for more than a year, and both have been pretty good.

Back