BSNL Data One Problem ?

Hey Ppl,

Please help me out. Something weird is going on with my broadband connection. In the last 20 sayd it is died twice for a period of 5 days continuous. When last time it was repaired, it worked fine for around 4 days before dying again. Now it was repaired around 2 days back but ever since then it is working like this:

it is on for 15 minutes then dead for 5 minutes. What happens is that the ADSL light in my modem goes off. But since it is on for 15 minutes and then off for 5 minutes i really dont know what the issue might be. I called th BSNL guy again, he said he is gonna check but what if he just says that the link is working continuous from his side. Is this some issue that you have faced earlier ???? He even pointed out that the modem might be faulty. But i doubt that. Please help me ppl.....

I hope you got the problem
frown.gif

Thanks

Ashish

same kinda thing has been happening at my end too ..

the link LED flashes as if there is no signal at all.. not the sustained blinking which it generally does before settling down.

Dun worry, i do believe that this is some testing thing they are doing as i have heard they got a few packages up their sleeves.. just be patient til mid jan i wd say .. :)

Welcome to the world of BSNL :D

There's no solution for this. You have to live with it. Its supposedly due to low SNR margins (which are supposed to be 12 for up/down but vary b/w 6-9 for us).

Hopefully they do something about it.

even i had this prob....but wen i use the same modem wit my sis's comp..it works....i got soem1 to check the lines...and he said...my room line was connected in parallel to three others but hers was taken directly from the box....he took out all the parallels and gave a direct connection to my room and now prob solved..:)

Ank1t said:
Welcome to the world of BSNL :D
There's no solution for this. You have to live with it. Its supposedly due to low SNR margins (which are supposed to be 12 for up/down but vary b/w 6-9 for us).
Hopefully they do something about it.
Bingo...
Its a network problem and u can do nothin to help it..just wish that it goes away on its own..Cause i had a prob of an unstable adsl link for 3months...And the could do nothing..
2months of running told that there was t foreign in the line..dunno wat it is..But its started working on its own will in some days...hope thats the case with u too..

Don't think that's a network problem, it's most probably a problem in your phone line. There may be too many joints in the line or something like that. Ask your lineman to change the line or if you have 3-4 connections ask for a dedicated multi line cable. The cable they supply is of very good quality too.

i never faced such problems here.. my net is connected for about 7-10 hrs in day.. nothing goes wrong..

i had this problem about an year ago. check that your incoming line is OK.. If you are using two or more phones in home.. u will get the same problem [adsl goes off] if your phone rings.

btw... nothing is wrong here :)

but my connection for working 24x7 flawlessly for last 3 months. Dont know what happened all of a sudden. Anyways the problem is still there. And i really dont know what to do.

Thanks

Get the line checked properly....I get almost 34dB downstream & 20-22 dB upstream....sometimes a tip to the local linesman help. Just tell him to get the signal meter & get it checked :)

^^^yep...low snr margin is due to faulty lines which leads to frequent disconnections...if you can get the entire wiring redone(i.e. the wiring from the mtnl box in your building to your house) you will see a considerable increase in your snr margin...usually snr will be lower during day time than at night...also as the bandwith is increased your snr drops...so 256 connection will have higher snr than 2mbps one on the same line...rewiring worked the charm for my frnd atleast in whose case the faulty line was the culprit...

as suggested by supra...get your line checked by a linesman...

another alternative is to change the "modulation type"...snr margin is of the order in following fashion in followin modulation types...g.dmt>multimode>adsl2+...so even try changing your modulation type to either multimode or g.dmt as per stability...hope this helps...:)

Supra said:
Get the line checked properly....I get almost 34dB downstream & 20-22 dB upstream....sometimes a tip to the local linesman help. Just tell him to get the signal meter & get it checked :)

BSNL ??? ..

Back