BSNL EVDO - have some queries about speed and charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fluctuating signal , might be because of too many users . Doesn't happen to me . I have a spot where in daytime speed drops and night again climbs up . I generally get 200KBps in night and 100 KBps in day .
its highly unlikely that there are too many evdo users in my area. even people at bsnl head office told me that only 2 evdo connection were sold in last 3 years.

will changing data card help getting stable speeds?

And wat is the new concept" EVDO" can anyone explain plz.. Is it an normal 750 unlimitedplan or else..
This concept, connection and availability is older than 3G launch in India so nothing new here. Link to BSNL EVDO are there by me , go back some pages

Can somebody please help if you know what should I do to change plan?

My present EVDO plan is 1GB for Rs. 250 and I would like to change it to Rs. 750 unlimited. Do I need to visit BSNL office or recharge online by paytm?

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

^^^I use this - genext.bsnl.co.in/cdmaprepaid/
Not sure if it works for other circles as well.
Thanks!
After registration when I'm trying to register a CDMA number to the account and click on 'Send PIN SMS' it shows - This is not a prepaid CDMA number.

Looks like this is not applicable for WEST zone.

Seems like BSNL has done some kind of capping on my SIM or the there is a problem with the BTS in my area.
Got my ZTE AC2766 today. Put in my SIM. I got the same problem as I had with my Prithvi UE100.

Torrents - I am able to download around 50-60MB at 280+ kB/s speed. After that, speed drops to 8-10 kB/s.
Direct Download - in IDM, I can download around 80MB at 280+ kB/s and after that speed drops to 15-17 kB/s.
If I disconnect and reconnect, speed goes back to normal(280+ kB/s)

This happens in both Prithvi UE100 and ZTE AC2766.

Can anyone suggest what I should do?

Last edited:
I have a problem to connect 598U to evdo mode but i can connect it in 1x mode.
Can u guys check the settings please...

Attachments

• Data.jpg
    Data.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 261
  • General.jpg
    General.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 260
  • Mobile IP.jpg
    Mobile IP.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 268
  • NAM.jpg
    NAM.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 233
I have a problem to connect 598U to evdo mode but i can connect it in 1x mode.
Can u guys check the settings please...
because no password and username in HDR fields . Put username and password in those fields also and try ,in pic 37190 .

So, I am thinking of trying out BSNL's unlimited EVDO for quite some time now. I am already leeching of Reliance but that plan is active on my mobile and I need something for my home. After going through the last few pages of this thread, this is what I understand. Do correct me if I am wrong.

1) Buy the ZTE dongle from eBay. It is available for Rs. 1400 from the seller recommended above.
2) Get a normal CDMA SIM from BSNL. I am however more inclined to go for postpaid as there are no hassles of recharging which seems to be a hit or a miss doing online. If I go for postpaid, is the procedure any different. Please advice.
3) I will have to buy a new router as well. So please let me know the exact router which is known to work perfectly with the ZTE dongle.

Thanks.

So, I am thinking of trying out BSNL's unlimited EVDO for quite some time now. I am already leeching of Reliance but that plan is active on my mobile and I need something for my home. After going through the last few pages of this thread, this is what I understand. Do correct me if I am wrong.

1) Buy the ZTE dongle from eBay. It is available for Rs. 1400 from the seller recommended above.
2) Get a normal CDMA SIM from BSNL. I am however more inclined to go for postpaid as there are no hassles of recharging which seems to be a hit or a miss doing online. If I go for postpaid, is the procedure any different. Please advice.
3) I will have to buy a new router as well. So please let me know the exact router which is known to work perfectly with the ZTE dongle.

Thanks.

I bought the ZTE Ac2766 just 2 weeks ago. I got it for Rs.999.
Works pretty well with BSNL EVDO. The problems that I had initially were related to BSNL tower. There was no problem with the modem.

AS far as I have heard, the TP-Link routers do not work with the unlocked ZTE modem.

@hotshot05 @rdst_1
TP link routers and most ZTE CDMA modems are fully compatible . I have used TP link MR3020 with ZTE AC 2766 with no issues and same modem also works in DDWRT . The compatibility also given on TP site

@hotshot05 @rdst_1
TP link routers and most ZTE CDMA modems are fully compatible . I have used TP link MR3020 with ZTE AC 2766 with no issues and same modem also works in DDWRT . The compatibility also given on TP site

Thanks. Looks like it is time to order the router and modem online today.
Also can you advise about whether I should go for prepaid or postpaid. If I do go for postpaid will they force me to buy an EVDO SIM instead of a regular CDMA SIM.

Thanks. Looks like it is time to order the router and modem online today.
Also can you advise about whether I should go for prepaid or postpaid. If I do go for postpaid will they force me to buy an EVDO SIM instead of a regular CDMA SIM.
If you can recharge using online or offline easily then prepaid is better as if you dont want to use it don't recharge . Yes in postpaid evdo plan they will force you to buy EVDO SIM . I felt hit and miss is only with RUIM SIM . With EVDO branded SIM i have not faced any issues now . I had tried paytm and easyonlinerechage and both recharge go smoothly .

If you can recharge using online or offline easily then prepaid is better as if you dont want to use it don't recharge . Yes in postpaid evdo plan they will force you to buy EVDO SIM . I felt hit and miss is only with RUIM SIM . With EVDO branded SIM i have not faced any issues now . I had tried paytm and easyonlinerechage and both recharge go smoothly .

So are you saying it is better to buy the EVDO SIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back