BSNL increases pre FUP speed, starts at min 8 Mbps

Are you on a BSNL plan ? Good news. For both broadband and FTTH, BSNL now offers speed upto10 Mbps.

If your monthly rental is less than ₹ 675, your minimum pre FUP speed will be 8 Mbps. If you pay more than ₹ 675 as FMC, you are entitled to get 10 Mbps in the beginning.

Even the cheapest ₹ 249 plan is offers8 Mbps upto 5 GB and then 1 Mbps further

When are these dumb @sses going to increase post fup speed? After going out of business? Increasing prefup speed while keeping retarded 8GB etc as fup limit is only marketing move. There is nothing good about it.

OT: I got same 4mbps (prefup speed) post fup for last 3 months as promotion and i dreamed like its going to be standard now considering competition and better mobile data plans. But this month, its back to 1mbps post fup gain which feels like sh!t now. And i finished fup limit assuming speed wont be reduced this month as well in first 5 days only.

I fell like ditching this outdated service. Just because of landline number we have for several decades, i am keeping it. Porting of landline number is so much needed in current scenario. Would have ported landline number to even bsnl mobile number long back which offers better plans.

Anyone getting prefup speed post fup this month?

675plan. It was on 4Mbps speed pre fup. Post fup also 4Mbps continues. Got a pop up stating it's a special offer. Haven't breached FUP in the past few months. May be that's why I got the pre fup speed.

675plan. It was on 4Mbps speed pre fup. Post fup also 4Mbps continues. Got a pop up stating it's a special offer. Haven't breached FUP in the past few months. May be that's why I got the pre fup speed.

Yes, may be because u didn't cross cup earlier or may be u have crossed fup now closer to month end. When did it happen? I shall try to match those days next month.

Yes, may be because u didn't cross cup earlier or may be u have crossed fup now closer to month end. When did it happen? I shall try to match those days next month.

I think FUP was breached on 17th or 18th. I think the extension of speed is most likely due to not breaching FUP in the prior few months.

Upstream and downstream rates are set at exchange. If it still at 4 Mbps, you need to talk to your BSNL exchange people.
Yes. Can be done from exchange only. But they have announced during DIWALI times so thought Pan India they will implement from 1st Nov.
In the end it is BSNL. [emoji23][emoji23]

10 Mbps download just got implemented here (JH).

Clipboard01.jpg

So anyone getting 8 or 10 mbps ? mine is still synced to 4096/768. Rebooted the modem couple of times but no luck.

+1, no change in speeds. I am from Pune. Called toll free customer care number. As always fellow wasnt aware, speed upgrade was expected from Nov 1st. Any system is down to check any details. Asked me to call back after an hour.

Anyway shall call exchange tomorrow.

Btw can anyone share official bsnl notification link of speed upgrade if found? I will have to show it to concerned but unaware bsnl staff if required.

Last edited:
I think bsnl people screwed up this month. They have offered no fup this month so intentionally they have delayed upgrading plans to 8-10mbps to save bandwidth. With 8mbps no fup, bandwidth consumption would have been enormous.

I have already complained twice (with a week's difference between two) and still they are fooling around saying its under process and would take few days to apply to each user. I think they are just killing time for steer clear for this month. From next month upgraded speeds hardly matter with 8-10GB fup.

Worthless POS and incompetent bsnl.

Back