BSNL increases pre FUP speed, starts at min 8 Mbps

There was an option in BSNL selfcare portal to change the BB plans. But, not sure whether it's still available.
Selfcare portal is useless. No proper integration and half of the features are not working.
I changed my plan from 18003451500 toll free number.

There was an option in BSNL selfcare portal to change the BB plans. But, not sure whether it's still available.
To change plans,you need to give written application to BSNL office near you.
the next bill will include 1 month security charge of the new plan.[DOUBLEPOST=1518194008][/DOUBLEPOST]
To change plans,you need to give written application to BSNL office near you.
the next bill will include 1 month security charge of the new plan.

Last edited:
i think like JIO ,they are also testing their network after pan India speed increase.
after they are done testing,they will again cap the speed after FUP.
most of the people in my building got bsnl disconnected.
now we are enjoying FTTH from a local ISP.
7043306970.png
7043309591.png

These are the tests from 2 different servers.
Is that in Lucknow?
Please can you share more details on the cost and broadband plans.
Also, do they provide a routable ip address or is it a private ip (not usable to run on a server).

no fup party continues.

Had some issue earlier so was getting throttled speed even after restarting modem. But now bsnl web page is shown to inform about no fup limit this month. Their 'Happy browsing offer'. :D

Last edited:
While the offer is still going on I am noticing a lot of disconnections in my line. After I get back my connectivity the speed is reduced to my post FUP limit, but if I reboot my modem I get back my pre FUP speeds. This happens almost 10 times a day now and is irritating at the very least.

While the offer is still going on I am noticing a lot of disconnections in my line. After I get back my connectivity the speed is reduced to my post FUP limit, but if I reboot my modem I get back my pre FUP speeds. This happens almost 10 times a day now and is irritating at the very least.
its time to leave ADSL and move on to FTTH. i left BSNL 7 months back after using their broadband for almost 15 years.
even though my provider advertises 100 mbps and i get 20 mbps only, i am still happy because of the uptime. my connection goes down only for few hours in a month.
when i was with BSNL i used to get connection issue everyday.

TiMe To SwItcH my friend.[DOUBLEPOST=1530522561][/DOUBLEPOST]Also checkout BSNL FTTH 777 plan

They increase the sync speed. Your line might not be able to hold that speed so it disconnects and reconnects at lower more stable speed. When you restart it connects at original speed.

Previously you used to get 8mbps around for 10mbps. Now they inscreased sync speed to 12000 something so speeds are 10Mbps, but it made some bad lines unstable. You need to contact them to either repaid from pole or change the port at NIB

They increase the sync speed. Your line might not be able to hold that speed so it disconnects and reconnects at lower more stable speed. When you restart it connects at original speed.

Previously you used to get 8mbps around for 10mbps. Now they inscreased sync speed to 12000 something so speeds are 10Mbps, but it made some bad lines unstable. You need to contact them to either repaid from pole or change the port at NIB

Same thing was happening with my connection when i switched.
Because of poor line quality, when they increase the sync / link speed to 10 Mbps, the SNR drops down below 10.this cause frequent disconnection or line drop.

They have limited my line to 4mbps and that seemed to have fixed the issue. As per BSNL, they have done everything they could to fix my problem at this point.

its time to leave ADSL and move on to FTTH. i left BSNL 7 months back after using their broadband for almost 15 years.
even though my provider advertises 100 mbps and i get 20 mbps only, i am still happy because of the uptime. my connection goes down only for few hours in a month.
when i was with BSNL i used to get connection issue everyday.

TiMe To SwItcH my friend.[DOUBLEPOST=1530522561][/DOUBLEPOST]Also checkout BSNL FTTH 777 plan
FTTH is not feasible at my location.

They have limited my line to 4mbps and that seemed to have fixed the issue. As per BSNL, they have done everything they could to fix my problem at this point.

FTTH is not feasible at my location.
NO. DO NOT accept that solution. Ask them to change the port at NIB. These lazy buggers will take the easiest way out always. Last time they made me use shit connection for a month saying my line is bad. I then concluded that everythign is fine on my side, they changed my port in the backend and stuck me with someone else's bad port and hence the sudden shit quality.

The guy was adamant that this is the speed they can provide. I told him to stay in the office and i'll see how the fcuk I cant get the speed I paid for. A shouting match on phone, threating some violence and reaching his office in 20 mins ready to complain to whoever the **** I need to. I reached there and he tells me the problem is solved. That's all. IT was 20 mins worth of work. Bastard made me run around for that.

NO. DO NOT accept that solution. Ask them to change the port at NIB. These lazy buggers will take the easiest way out always. Last time they made me use the shit connection for a month saying my line is bad. I then concluded that everything is fine on my side, they changed my port in the backend and stuck me with someone else's bad port and hence the sudden shit quality.

The guy was adamant that this is the speed they can provide. I told him to stay in the office and I'll see how the fcuk I cant get the speed I paid for. A shouting match on phone, threating some violence and reaching his office in 20 mins ready to complain to whoever the **** I need to. I reached there and he tells me the problem is solved. That's all. IT was 20 mins worth of work. Bastard made me run around for that.
SDO had started ignoring my call, so I rang up CGM office and within 15 mins he called me back to apologize. He has promised to solve the issue tomorrow. Let's see.

SDO had started ignoring my call, so I rang up CGM office and within 15 mins he called me back to apologize. He has promised to solve the issue tomorrow. Let's see.
Great! You can also go to the office and start getting angry. They might be lazy, but being shouted upon in front of peons is not what they like :D

Great! You can also go to the office and start getting angry. They might be lazy, but being shouted upon in front of peons is not what they like :D

I think we all need to raise our voices collectively throughout India to make their latest plans ( meant for new customers) available to old users. They are several times better than old user plans.

They managed to fix my issue. No idea what they did, since I was not around. But its working fine now.

I think we all need to raise our voices collectively throughout India to make their latest plans ( meant for new customers) available to old users. They are several times better than old user plans.
I asked BSNL about this and their staff recommended that I get a new connection and get the old one terminated. They don't care if it's at the same address. I am really interested in those 20mbps plans.

Back