BSNL Injecting Advertisements in browsers

kuduku

Skilled
Hi
Have been seeing Ads in my chrome browser . I have Ublock installed then also its coming . Funny part is coming when browsing Chinese sites only like Baidu and others .
Region Punjab , Broadband UL plan , OS Win 10 x64
Has anybody seen these ?
BSNL Ad flyer.jpg

Yes. I've also been coming across these ads, at least 3 or 4 times this past week. It was useful when it told me that I had crossed 80% of my data limit - I can consider it an info and not an ad. But except for that one time, it was always an ad for some broadband plan or unlimited free calls.

I'm also on Win 10 x86, using chrome browser and a BSNL plan. I came across these ads while browsing quora, xda and some others too.

Not just these redirects, they also started redirecting me to 'malware removal' pages claiming my chrome had some 16xxx exploits ready to be used by hackers :banghead::banghead:

Complete WTF by BSNL. Only https were spared. Thankfully soon after Jio happened and I let that sickly wired connection to its slow death, the same which it imposed on me while surfing. Freakking 2 mbps with packet losses, hourly downtimes and what not.

Back