BSNL launches 24 Mbps broadband, the fastest...

BHULLAR BOYS

Disciple
Public sector telecom giant Bharat Sanchar Nigam (BSNL) has become the first internet service provider to offer the fastest broadband speed in the country by offering customers broadband connection speed up to 24 Mbps

BSNL will be offering this high speed broadband service through the high speed digital subscriber loop (VDSL) technology.

The VDSL technology, however, is said to be inferior compared to the fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) network technology or the DOCSIS3 technology, which are capable of providing broadband speeds up to 200 Mbps.

BSNL, which is already providing maximum speeds up to 8 Mbps, said that the 24 Mbps speed will not be made available to all broadband subscribers but only to those close to its broadband exchange nodes.

Only those customers can avail of 24 Mbps broadband speeds are those who are within a 500-metre cable route distance from the exchange. 16 Mbps broadband speed is available to customers who are around 1km from the exchange, that too at far steeper rates.

BSNL plans to offer limited usage tariff plans with monthly charges of Rs4,999 for speeds up to 16 Mbps and Rs9,999 for speeds up to 24 Mbps.

read more here [http]http://www.domain-b.com/companies/companies_b/Bharat_Sanchaar_Nigam/20100224_bsnl_24mbps.html[/http]

Mujhe koi sirf 2mbps unlimited without FUP de do ..... main khush.

Dont want your 24mbps with 10GB cap ...

Why dont they understand we dont want blazing fast speeds for checking mails man .. its high time they move from basic 256kbps broadband definition to minimum 1mbps or 2mbps broadband definition.1mbps/2mbps UL (minus the crappy FUP) should be the norm now. Come'on this 2010 god damn it!! Its been six friggin years since they started the adsl thing.

Coming Up Next: Indian Telecom Giant Airtel Broadband has gone where no Indian ISP would dream to go by launching 1 GBit plans within metropolitan cities. For a price as low as Rs. 15,000 a month, customers can now enjoy blistering speeds and a generous monthly traffic quota of 4GB.

ashr said:
Coming Up Next: Indian Telecom Giant Airtel Broadband has gone where no Indian ISP would dream to go by launching 1 GBit plans within metropolitan cities. For a price as low as Rs. 15,000 a month, customers can now enjoy blistering speeds and a generous monthly traffic quota of 4GB.
this can come true soon... :rofl:
or may be 100 mbps with 4 GB limit.
So guys get ready to surf on 100 mbps connection... :eek:hyeah:

ashr said:
For a price as low as Rs. 15,000 a month, customers can now enjoy blistering speeds and a generous monthly traffic quota of 4GB.

4GB is generous traffic???? that too for 15k????
are these guys MAD???:mad:
I mean even the modest of downloader will cross the 4GB limit very quickly with gr8 d/l speeds.

hellgate said:
4GB is generous traffic???? that too for 15k????

are these guys MAD???:mad:

I mean even the modest of downloader will cross the 4GB limit very quickly with gr8 d/l speeds.

its a sarcastic joke my friend!

i stay <500m from the exchange but give me a 2/4mbs unlimited plan! wake up!

Crazysah said:
But it has some limits also; as this phenomenal service is only available for those who reside within 1km and 500 meters from the BSNL Exchange.

FAIL.
After thousands of years, when future civilizations come to archaeological dig sites from our period, they will find all civilization everywhere to be concentrated not around water bodies but around these strange citadels called BSNL exchanges.

And they will be in much wonder...

15k for 4GB ? R they kidding ?

Forget 24 MB's or 10 MBps... I'll be happy if they offer one 2 MBps Decent Unlimited Plan with no Crap FUP....

Back