BSNL Modem problem

masterBrain

Disciple
Hi all,

I am using the home 500 plan from bsnl.. I have been using this for more than 18 months now.. recently, i am getting disconnected frequently. my phone line is clear and dont have any noise. will it be the problem of the modem then??? any of u guys had this problem???

If i have to buy a new modem, please suggest me a good modem that will work even if there is a little disturbances in the phone line. thanks.. :)

This is not Modem problem.Disconnection frequently could be from BSNL.Is there any change in ADSL link on disconnection like blinking and reconnecting :huh: I am using BSNL broad band from many years so had lots of experience with them.

The best solution would be to borrow another modem from a friend and see if the disconnection problem is solved.... and then make the decision....

hi guys..
thanks for the reply..

i need to buy another modem any way bcoz the modem i have now dont have wifi.. any suggestions for a good wifi modem at a resonable price??

like neotheone said first test some other modem and make sure you have problem with your modem only.

you got two options :
is your present modem rented one or purchased one.
if its rented then go to bsnl broadband customer care and they will replace is on the fly.

if its purchased then you have to take one of the following route:

first:
get another modem from bsnl for 1200/- and get a good wifi router (buffalo is the choice of present day), you will have lot of details on forums here itself.

second :
if you dont like two instruments cluttering your space then you have to purchase a builtin modem cum router.

i am using Linksys WAG200G with BSNL without any problems and i am thoroughly satisfied with it. It costs around 4100/-

the first option can be cheaper.

thanks for the advice pal..

i called bsnl SDE in our area today. he said he can replace my modem with a wifi modem and i just have to give the difference amount.. ie 1800-1200 = 600Rs. i will be soo happy if this happns.. :)

Back