BSNL New Truly Unlimited 3G plans 2016 (Jio Effect)

Do you think Jio Plans will be similar now that BSNL is offering

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swatkats

Skilled
1.PNG

The above offers will be available on PAN India basis with effect from 25-08-2016. The implementation of the tariff will be made in accordance with 43rd Amendment of Telecom Tariff Order and orders/guidelines/clarifications issued by TRAI from time to time.

Source :http://www.keralatelecom.info/2016/...a-stv-1099-new-data-stv-549-data-stv-156.html

Last edited:
I think we need to read the images clearly here. It says "unlimited without speed restriction" but last column says "3ps/10KB" so yeah, it's truly unlimited (speed wise) but there is still "FUP" meaning after 9 GB probably they will charge exorbitantly?

So much money has been invested in JIO that they will have to give a better offer than others, otherwise, they would not survive. So JIO will always try to stay ahead.
yes, all other telecoms are afraid of losing customers. Because jio will be sucking many people with 4G Volte capable phones.

BSNL has been gearing up give its best for both landline and wireless customers.

Yeah, I'm sure I won't get it fully even after reading it many times over. :D I was confused by the last column, "data charges after freebies" which is under the "revised freebies" heading - why would that be there if this is "truly unlimited"?

JIOs current aim seems to be to get lots of customers, at least for 4g. Am surprised when I see poor people with note like phones when I still have a 4 incher. The So I guess lots of people will 'preview' Jio. I guess the plans will be judged after current stress testing. Their aim is probably to make Jio a Monopoly and then..

Probably they'll start wired where there's lots of usage and 4g is suffering. I recall they said they'd partner with lco though. I hope mtnl bsnl wired gets on track. They're asking 4k for 8mbps up when it should be easy in 1k.

I think we need to read the images clearly here. It says "unlimited without speed restriction" but last column says "3ps/10KB" so yeah, it's truly unlimited (speed wise) but there is still "FUP" meaning after 9 GB probably they will charge exorbitantly?
Corrected. Its truly unlimited.[DOUBLEPOST=1472049520][/DOUBLEPOST]People expecting Jio to be more cheaper are actually day dreaming. 549 - 10Gb 4G speeds.. What else more people want?

Last edited:
Do note that it reads "without speed restriction" and that can (and I bet will) go both ways :D

Enjoy your truly unlimited connections at 14.4 kbps dialup speeds folks.

It should be truly unlimited. Speed should drop with users. Dont know how they will do, esp they are installing 22mbps towers. I think it will be great in low population density. I was getting 3-4 Mbps dl in Chennai when using Mtnl on roaming but coverage was very poor for me. Mtnl Delhi was giving up for 1650 till this year.

It should be unlimited and withoud any FUP and uncapped speed.. will once confirm with Bsnl customer care and then give it a try. I get around 8mbps on speed on bsnl at my place. (Punjab)

Back