BSNL trying to compete with Beam . Makes other state bsnl users pissed :P

This is really funny. when their basic service and attitude sucks, I am not sure if any plans would save them.

My BSNL broadband is down/defective for last 3 months in Bangalore. Irrespective of my 10 times visit to exchange and two escalations to DGM, nothing has happened. Unfortunately, I do not have a choice as I am in HSR layout. So still hoping to get it corrected ! If I had an alternative here, I would not go with them even if they offer 100 MBPS.

Makes other state bsnl users pissed
so very true. being a bsnl user, i get really angry seeing how they differentiate between states in their plans and tariffs. typical attitude of govt to milk even last paisa from people. its like people living in cities are very rich and they will not mind paying a lot for high speeds.

@saidu
Hmm even i have similar condition with respect to options , i also have only BSNLin my city. But their service is pretty good in my city , I get instant service if i go the office and complaint.
@6pack
Thats what pissed me as well , they are trying to get customers from other network ,.Not bothering about places where they have monopoly .... afaik this wont help them to consolidate a position in hyderabad as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really funny. when their basic service and attitude sucks, I am not sure if any plans would save them.

My BSNL broadband is down/defective for last 3 months in Bangalore. Irrespective of my 10 times visit to exchange and two escalations to DGM, nothing has happened. Unfortunately, I do not have a choice as I am in HSR layout. So still hoping to get it corrected ! If I had an alternative here, I would not go with them even if they offer 100 MBPS.

It happened with me too at Kolkata. My network was crippled by frequent disconnection issue, and it took 4 months for the BSNL engineers to find out and fix the problem. For every complaints, people from the exchange would call up and ask "line working"? Irrespective of "yes" or "no" they would simply put down the phone! Talk about customer retention!!

I will be thankful to BSNL if they launch same plans in my area.. Unfortunately there is no any other service as good as BSNL here at my place. :-(

(Their service is good just because they don't have many broadband users in my area)

That way, they should compete much tougher in Bangalore because

Act -> 75 GB @ 10 mbps -> 1299
Airtel -> 60 GB @ 8 mbps -> 1250

However, I would believe that they might not really want to compete Bangalore as it is a losing market for them with guys massively moving to Act wherever possible.

@saidu
They have already lost the market in Hyderabad thats the reason they are introducing these plans , moreover in Bangalore Act net availability is currently limited to few streets of few areas .

Last edited by a moderator:
yes fLUX, They have limited Coverage and moreover I Observed one thing. I don't Remember the Area name but there have their presence in one Area and when some subscriber asks for an Connection in the 2nd-Next area to that covered area... They did not Even cover that area Even After 1year. :(

I assume it will take more 3-4 years to cover Bangalore just like how Beam Fiber Took time.

I think that is the case with many providers. Though Airtel presence is there in HSR layout and they claim as their website that they can give connection in my street ( My neighbours do have airtel), all my requests in last 4 years has been rejected by Airtel saying that their cables were faulty in this area. I know that there are a few other guys in my layout facing the problem. Slowly they will fix the problem, I hope.

yes fLUX, They have limited Coverage and moreover I Observed one thing. I don't Remember the Area name but there have their presence in one Area and when some subscriber asks for an Connection in the 2nd-Next area to that covered area... They did not Even cover that area Even After 1year. :(

I assume it will take more 3-4 years to cover Bangalore just like how Beam Fiber Took time.

They should have provided that everywhere. At least the 1499 plan. Our idiotic ISPs will keep on sticking to their 256kbps until 'TRAI' changes definition of broadband. It should be changed to atleast 5Mbps just to respect the fact that it is 2012 and India is an IT hub.

Same song from an irate internet user/downloader. Change track and play a different song.
Cant get the ISPs to increase the quality of broadband?
Oh and TRAI is to be called as TRASH.

BSNL is a dodo- a bird which could not fly and was wiped out soon as there was competition-
BSNL customer service does not exist for all purposes- the tech staff they have recruited is on Parchi system of ministers- coz they have not the faintest idea about Broadband. A behemoth that only exists in all it's in-efficiency because of stupid ppl running this nation of ours. But this vast nation needs 1000 Beams- to counter this elephant.

Damn this is really bad. I dont understand why these service providers offer a straight plan compare to a speed reduction after certain quota. Hyderabad users had always been lucky, i wish beam would start operation in other cities ...

Damn this is really bad. I dont understand why these service providers offer a straight plan compare to a speed reduction after certain quota..

Would you Adjust with an plan that offers 10Mbps up to 150Gb and Throw you back to 256Kbps? So its kinda better downloading at some decent Speeds.

Hyderabad users had always been lucky, i wish beam would start operation in other cities
I don't Think So. They would need an license to Expand to other States. I think ACT would expand rather than Beam.
Beam being an Sister Company of ACT, ACT Doesn't want Beam to Grow than their BRAND. Well The Recent Launch of ACT in Vijayawada using Beam's Infrastructure Suggests the Same.

Back