BSNL validity expired

RS4

Skilled
My BSNL prepaid validity expired today even after doing regular topups of more than rs.1000 in last three months, a topup of rs.100 was done 5 days back, tried Rs.220 topup today on bsnl portal website and it failed, so the earlier way of extending the validity by topup is not working now.

The clueless customer care guy told me to recharge with any new plans like 29,36,42 etc.., so is this my only option now? How to do this via bsnl portal: plan voucher=> validity extension or Migration?

Tolerating this stupid validity mess only due to BSNL roaming SMS packs and roaming networks otherwise my second number Docomo is very good for normal use.

Top up does not necessarily add validity and I think in case of BSNL there are no normal top up plans that increase validity. There are specific validity extension packs for that. You could have dialed *123# to check for change in validity date

Top up does not necessarily add validity and I think in case of BSNL there are no normal top up plans that increase validity. There are specific validity extension packs for that. You could have dialed *123# to check for change in validity date

My BSNL prepaid comes under Saral Anant plan which gets validity extension on topups and i am doing the same from last 2 yrs, many other TE members were doing the same: http://www.techenclave.com/wireless-internet/bsnl-validity-recharge-126107/

But now they have changed the way of increasing validity i guess, @varkey Did you check your bsnl validity recently?

Last edited by a moderator:
@RS4 - Validity does not increase along with the topups anymore. They changed this few months back. Now you need to use the Plan Voucher (PV) or Plan Continuation Voucher (PCV) to extend the validity.

So find the PCV/PV of your plan and do a special recharge of the same through PayTM. I have been doing the same for last 2-3 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
BSNL people stopped the validity plan based on topup few months ago. This is done to make sure everyone is following same plan and BSNL earns more money. For eg, in my case my earlier region specific plan(Karnataka Mitra) is charged 1ps/sec for any calls(even in roaming) and every month i get 200 local/STD sms free! Now they made new plan on that, which charge 1.2/sec and only 100 local sms free :( and now i'm forced to migrate old plan to new plan by recharging 29 :(

RS4 - Validity does not increase along with the topups anymore. They changed this few months back. Now you need to use the Plan Voucher (PV) or Plan Continuation Voucher (PCV) to extend the validity.

So find the PCV/PV of your plan and do a special recharge of the same through PayTM. I have been doing the same for last 2-3 months.

Thanks for the info, i didnt know about this, this is done just to increase the base call rates of older customers, i had saral anant 49 paise/min for everything including roaming STD charges , now same costs 3X in the present saral anant plan, so recharged the Karnataka mitra plan for rs.29

BSNL people stopped the validity plan based on topup few months ago. This is done to make sure everyone is following same plan and BSNL earns more money. For eg, in my case my earlier region specific plan(Karnataka Mitra) is charged 1ps/sec for any calls(even in roaming) and every month i get 200 local/STD sms free! Now they made new plan on that, which charge 1.2/sec and only 100 local sms free :( and now i'm forced to migrate old plan to new plan by recharging 29 :(

Exactly, this was done to get everyone on the same plans, my earlier saral anant plan call rates were super cheap but now the same cost 2X-3X, so went for new Karnataka mitra plan which is the best amongst the new plans.

BSNL keeps on changing the T&C after the customer takes the connection. Happened to my friends a couple of times. We have to keep close watch of the SMS'es. Some features offered by BSNL are really useful, so have to grin n' bear!

Back