Budget Android phone with a big screen around 10-12K

samb86

Disciple
Hello, can any one suggest a reasonably good android (ICS) phone with a big screen(> 4.0") .....will mainly use for browsing and reading ebooks .....anyone has any experience/guidelines to share on this...any suggestions are welcome...
--
Thanks!

1. Q: Budget?
A: 10-12K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: ANY

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: NONE

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: front facing camera

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android ICS

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: Wifi/3G/Edge

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet, light gaming, e-mail, music.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: good battery life

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: MMX canvas 2

I'd suggest you get a Lumia 510 instead, at the price it's a steal. It will get Windows 7.8 and Windows is now developing a competitive application market.

The Burst completely smokes the above phones because of the hardware it packs. The catch is no warranty cover + uncertainty over the community support.

pantech has better specs in the phone. compatible with 4G,more ram , etc.but battery would be a weaklink.it is now available for 8235.

Thanks. Warranty will not be a Issue if spares are available and can be repaired locally. Can anybody provide info on this front?

I bought a Canvas 2 around a week back to play around and so far I am liking the build quality. It has not lagged with Temple Run, Subway Surfer, Angry Birds and was able to play direct dvdrips/TV shows which I throw on its way using MXplayer without any hiccup.

Only issue so far (twice) is that the inbuilt Weather app from Micromax sometimes does not update itself even with WiFi/2G ON.

Apart from this no issue and am happy with it and liking it over my HTC One V. Canvas 2 is total VFM at 9,800/- though getting it at a local store is an issue due to huge demand and unavailability. Here in NCR some mobile shops are selling it at a 1k premium.

I bought a Canvas 2 around a week back to play around and so far I am liking the build quality. It has not lagged with Temple Run, Subway Surfer, Angry Birds and was able to play direct dvdrips/TV shows which I throw on its way using MXplayer without any hiccup.

Only issue so far (twice) is that the inbuilt Weather app from Micromax sometimes does not update itself even with WiFi/2G ON.

Apart from this no issue and am happy with it and liking it over my HTC One V. Canvas 2 is total VFM at 9,800/- though getting it at a local store is an issue due to huge demand and unavailability. Here in NCR some mobile shops are selling it at a 1k premium.

remove the mmx weather app and Install sense clock from market its running fine on my canvas2 Screenshot_2013-01-04-14-23-38.jpg

Back