Budget gaming configuration-A few questions

A_G

Disciple
Hello guys,this is my first post here so hi to all of you.

Been out of touch from the tech market for some time now,so please help me a bit about this new config.I have selected a few parts but am not close to finalizing any on them.

Ill post the template first.

# Q: What is your budget?

# Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy?

1. CPU - Athlon II x3 440

2. Motherboard - Biostar TA785G3 HD or Gigabyte GA 785GMT USB3 or ASRock M3A785GXH

3. GPU - HD 4870 512 MB

4. RAM - Corsair 2 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz

Got everything else.

# Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Don't think so

# Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

1. Jaipur

2. Open to online purchase

# Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

# Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming

# Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

FPS\Action\Adventure games at at least medium settings

# Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. Gaming - 1600x900

2. Desktop - 1600x900

# Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Yes

# Q: Which operating system?

Windows 7 primarily and also XP

Question 1-I am looking to buy all these parts from Lynx-India.Is that site reliable?It has got some incredible prices.

Ok solved,I'll get it from Theitwares or locally.

Question 2-I am looking forward to unlocking the 4th core(ok no big deal if it doesn't) and overclocking that CPU a fair bit.Is the Biostar board (~4.5k) good enough for that?Or should I go with Giga USB3 (~6k) Edit: added ASRock M3A785GXH (5.8k) to the shortlist too.

Question 3-Is getting an extra 2 GB DDR 3 (total 4 GB) ram worth it over upping the GFX to HD 5770 for gaming at that resolution?

I'll post more if I remember:p

You guys may suggest different componants if they are better than (and in budget) what I have listed here.

Thanks

1. A lot of people have complained on lynx-India here. If i were you, I'd stay away from that shop.
2. Wait for others' reply.
3. 2GB is enough for gaming at medium settings, get a 5770.
But try to stretch your budget for 4GB RAM :D

All right I found my stuff on theITwares too.I want the dealer to be reliable,a few hundred don't matter.

----------------------------

I am leaning towards getting the MSI 5770 now,although still not convinced that it is worth 1500 more than the 4870.

Back