Budget 51-70k Budget Gaming Pc Under 65k

Hello another question in mind.. i just bought a hyperxfury ram online and it says CL14 288- PIN UDIMM .. While i have ordered a Msi B150m mortar motherboard( was on a nice sale price on Amazon) so will my mother board support the UDIMM? as it says 4*dimm
Please help and thanks

Hello another question in mind.. i just bought a hyperxfury ram online and it says CL14 288- PIN UDIMM .. While i have ordered a Msi B150m mortar motherboard( was on a nice sale price on Amazon) so will my mother board support the UDIMM? as it says 4*dimm
Please help and thanks
OP why are you asking for more advices when you are buying according to your whims.

Here members dont give advices just like that.

We give the best possible price to performance & quality & after market service components.

Take for example,
Kingston gives 5 years of warranty on its RAM
Where as Corsair gives 10 years of warranty with robust service center support.

Nobody can question Corsair's RMA policy in India.

But you buy Kingston & MSI and again ask for advice.

Be a noob or listen to the members advices but don't walk in between. Ok.

There is no such thing as Seasonic foundaries.

Either you are straight forward stupid or trying to be intelligent.

All PSU vendors use either high grade Japanese capacitors or medium end Taiwanese or much cheaper Chinese capacitors.
seasonic is one of the largest share holders in nippon chemi con thats what i meant from foundries i never said they were made in US or something so they get better components for their products since its coming from their own source just like klevv gets ram modules from SK HYNIX i should know im using the klevv ram couldn't be happier.

OP why are you asking for more advices when you are buying according to your whims.

Here members dont give advices just like that.

We give the best possible price to performance & quality & after market service components.

Take for example,
Kingston gives 5 years of warranty on its RAM
Where as Corsair gives 10 years of warranty with robust service center support.

Nobody can question Corsair's RMA policy in India.

But you buy Kingston & MSI and again ask for advice.

Be a noob or listen to the members advices but don't walk in between. Ok.
Sorry and apologizes .. but as I stay in kolhapur region there isn't a single shop where you get this stuff online and hence I have to rely on Amazon which have overpriced products and hence have to go with whats available at best price in the deals.
I'm sorry if I'm breaking the forum rules but have a very few options.. would you still like to help me with the confusion of UDIMM?

B
Go to Mumbai & buy from lamington.
Amazon or flipkart are overpriced.
Your best option is primeabgb.com or mdcomputers.in
But the sad fact is i have already bought the ram and mobo! Will buy the psu HDD cooler cabinet and other stuff as said and sorry to disobey..
Can u help with the UDIMM issue?

B

But the sad fact is i have already bought the ram and mobo! Will buy the psu HDD cooler cabinet and other stuff as said and sorry to disobey..
UDIMM is a subtype of DIMM.

DIMM stands for Dual Inline Memory Module.

Dual = the electrical contacts on each side of the PCB are unique signals. On SIMMs they are shorted together.

Inline = all electrical contacts lay along a straight line

memory module = self explanatory.

DIMM tells us a lot about the mechanical and electrical properties of of the device and when coupled with a particular generation of memory provides for mechanical compatibility. Any DDR3 DIMM can be inserted into any DDR3 DIMM slot. Derivative forms such as SO-DIMM, MicroDIMM, and UniDIMM may contain the exact same chips but are mechanically incompatible.

Inside of the DIMM form factor are several different but closely related electrical and logical interfaces.

First is the unbuffered DIMM, or UDIMM. Unbuffered DIMMs expose all signals from the SDRAM ICs (the memory chips) to the IO bus. There is no intermediary.

Next is the registered DIMM, or RDIMM. Registered DIMMs buffer the command and clock signals as these experience a much greater electrical load than the address and data signals. This allows more memory ranks to be connected to the same bus. RDIMMs are used in most servers and workstations.

Next is the load-reduced DIMM, or LRDIMM. Load Reduced DIMMs buffer everything in both directions (upstream and downstream from the memory controller). LRDIMMs are used in extremely high end servers with massive amounts of memory.

Both RDIMMs and LRDIMMs contain additional onboard circuitry to buffer the signals whereas UDIMMs do not. UDIMMs, RDIMMs, and LRDIMMs all have the same pinout and are mechanically compatible. While consumer platforms typically only accept UDIMMs and only high end servers accept LRDIMMs they are mechanically compatible. It is possible to insert a DDR3-LRDIMM into any DDR3-DIMM slot, but there's a good chance that the firmware will simply refuse to initialize it and thus refuse to boot. Servers and workstations on the other hand can use either UDIMMs, RDIMMs, or LRDIMMs (if supported).

Fully Buffered DIMMs, or FB-DIMMs, are an obsolete form of memory module that are not compatible with other types. DDR2-FBDIMMs can still be found, but no DDR3 variant exists.

In case this is a little bit confusing, there is no such specific thing as a DIMM. All DIMMs can be further classified into a more specific type. Most memory that you will find at consumer electronic shops right now are DDR3-UDIMMs. DDR4-UDIMMs have recently become available as Intel introduced the LGA-2011-3 platform. Online retailers that also deal in servers and workstations will also sell DDR3-RDIMMs and DDR4-RDIMMs.

In consumer parlance, UDIMM is often used synonymously with DIMM.[DOUBLEPOST=1475501709][/DOUBLEPOST]
B

Hope that clears all the doubts about the concept and you can always check compatibility on the manufacturers website so check with your mobo manufacturers website or memory manufacturers website if either one of them say it's compatible it'll work

B

Side note do not buy MSI products or zotac or sapphire they seem to have problem with their warranty partners in India as of now my friend just got denied RMA for no obvious reason and that's after months of trying go with Asus or gigabyte and asrock is also a good choice

B

Nothing to be sorry about. Relax. I would reiterate to cancel MSI board order. God forbid, if something wrong happens to your board, you would regret buying it. It is very difficult to get warranty support from MSI even in metro cities. Please think of that.

Nothing to be sorry about. Relax. I would reiterate to cancel MSI board order. God forbid, if something wrong happens to your board, you would regret buying it. It is very difficult to get warranty support from MSI even in metro cities. Please think of that.
on a side note why are we not protesting this maybe a petition and consumer complaint is in order what say you?MSI needs to be taught a lesson like asus was.

Back