Budget 51-70k Budget gaming rig under 55k

indy1811

Skilled
My friend is looking to buy a gaming rig for some light gaming over the weekends. He'd like to play the latest games @ 1080p. He has a strict budget of 55k and would like to get it by this month end.

Questions
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • 1 TB HDD and UPS
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Ryzen 1300X
    • Motherboard - Asus Prime B350M
    • RAM - 8GB DDR4 2400Mhz Gskill
    • GPU - 1050ti 3GB Zotak
    • PSU - Corsair 55oW
    • SSD - Samsung EVO 256GB
    • Cabinet - Corsair 100R
    • Monitor - Dell 24" or equivalent
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • RAM - Add another 8GB stick
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Do not want to buy MSI as i've heard after sales service in India is pathetic
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - Old and New ones like C&C
    • FPS - Far Cry, COD, Battlefield etc
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p@60fps
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows10 64 bit

1300X o_Oo_Oo_O

Thats an intersting pick.

Wonder how you arrived at that.

It doesn't bottleneck the GFX at 1080p. Looked up quite a few reviews on youtube and other sites. What other processor which is better than this is available close to 10k or under?

Oh, and BTW, there is no 1050Ti 3GB

There is a 1050 3 GB and a 1050 Ti 4GB

AMD was, therefore, faster in HandBrake, PCMark 10's photo editing test and Cinebench and wasn't far off Intel in Ashes of the Singularity and Fallout 4 either. In this light, for a general purpose system, AMD would get my vote with the Ryzen 3 1300X. However, for a purely gaming system, you'd have to go with Intel given the lead the Core i3-8100 has at a near-identical price point.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/antony...-ryzen-1300x-whats-the-best-budget-processor/

Also,
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-8100-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-1300X/3942vs3930

Intel Core i5 8400 - 13.5k
Asus Prime 360M - 6.5k
8GB DDR4 RAM - 6k
Zotak Geforce GTX1050ti 4GB - 13.25k
Corsair 100R Cabinet - 2.8k
128GB SSD - 3k
Corsair CX550 - 4k
Dell SE2416H - 10.5k
Logitech G100s combo - 2k

Managed to stretch it to 60k. How does this look?

Back