Audio Budget Headphones under 1.5k

Hey guys,

Please suggest a decent headphone. My budget is quite low about Rs.1500. It can be of any type like over the ear or on the ear or anything. I will basically use it for litsening music mainly rock,pop,rap etc and gaming.I dont prefer any brand ,the only thing is sound quality and bass should be decent enough.

i am confused b/w Sennheiser HD201, Sennheiser HD408 ,Sony MDR-XD200 and Philips SHP2700.

Please tell the pros and cons of all or any other better headphone in my budget.

Thanks in advance

in such a low budget. .i'd rather ask u to think to just think about a budget sony or philips.. and in this price no need to be concerned about impedance and other technical stuff.. headphones in this price range are made for general purpose use and hence u need not worry whether your mp3 player will be good enough for it or not..sony and philips provide the max Value for money . especially in this price range..u can even try panasonics. they've quite decent headphones.. but i'd rather advise u to listen to them first.. if u go for earphones, u will get quite a good pair in this range. ..even in headphones, over the ear, i dont think audio technica is gonna be any good for you.. i say stick to sony for the safest bet..

PS.. the sennheisers have a rather bad reputation to be able to provide anything good in this price range.. they just look better. nothing too great.. the sony headphones will even give you some decent bass in your songs. .which is sometimes needed to cloud the otherwise inferiority in any sound quality..

HD408 is a really good performer if you are more of a basshead , else it may dissapoint you a little . If you can get it at 1490 buy it eyes closed provided you dont loathe a bit of xtra bass.

SHP2700 is what I recommend (I have M20 as well), easy to drive, great comfort, quite good to hear and now with real low price @ Flipkart. Do check them

Actuallly i placed an order for Audio Technica ATH-T200 , But now my mind is diverting towards akg 402 more. still i can cancel my order. can anybody compare Audio Technica ATH-T200, JBL AKG K402 and skullcandy uprock.

please reply fast so i can cancel the order.

also is there any shop in new delhi ( nehru place) or ncr or online store where i could buy AKG K403 for like rs.1600 as mentioned in above post.

Back