Less than 10K Budget Workhorse

Emil

Skilled
I have been using the Redmi 1S since almost 2 years and it is time for an upgrade.
Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 7k-10k - willing to go higher if needed

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 5" HD, FHD is desirable

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android M or above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: VOLTE for Jio essential

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Mental block against Micromax, Karbonn and the like but I am open to being convinced

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Calls, browsing, WA, navigation, few bank and wallet apps

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need solid battery backup, 3/4 GB RAM, 32 GB or more storage

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
Redmi Note 4, Redmi 3 Prime, Lenovo K6 power

Wait for the Moto E4 or the E3 power should be good enough if u can manage with 2GB RAM. If you don't want a Mediatek processor then look at the Moto G Play available for 8.5k. If you can stretch your budget a bit then the Moto G5 at 12k should satisfy all your needs.

Lenovo K6 Power is good choice.
Ticking all your requirements.
Lenovo K6 Power, 3GB, 32GB, 5" FHD 441 ppi, Android M (Slow Android updates) (Nougat is still dream for this device), VoLTE (hybrid SIM), 4000mAh..
Everything perfect.
Using k6 power, good camera, good battery backup, sunlight brightness, night camera isn't good..
K6 Power's SD 430 processor does not need that much battery so lasts long.

While Redmi note 4 SD 625 processor is good balancing performance and battery. But still not great with battery. May be because of their MIUI OS.

I was using Lenovo Vibe P1m earlier, MediaTek 6735p processor, and battery lasts 1 day (24 hours) with heavy usage.

There are "battery life" related reviews on gsmarena for all 3 mobiles you mentioned.

Last edited:
Lenovo is not known for frequent updates. They leave you once they make you buy the phone. They even destroyed the Moto brand with their sell and leave policies. If you are not worried about OS updates, then it might woo you with it's specs.

You can go for the xiaomi redmi note 4 or increase your budget a bit a get a Moto G5. But according to me its better to go with Redmi Note 4 as it offers more specs at same price. :D

Back