Buffalo 1TB USB 3.0 @ 3700

Nice find Nic.
This would be fantastic for someone looking out for a 1Tb hdd. I am contemplating buying one. It seems that the vendor here is croma which means they must be having a decent amount of stock with them

^^+1 If anyone has bought this drive, pleaase post a mini review. Considering buying this.

Also, this has 3 years warranty for sure?

I have bought its smaller than elements and almost close to passport. Though slimmer than my passport.
USB 2.0 read -36/ write 30
USB 3.0 read 120-150+

Even i have got this hdd last week, warranty is 3 years and month of import is june 2013. The importer/service is provided by supertron electronics, kolkata. Though not sure of the latter part.

My motherboard doesn't support usb 3.0 standard so speeds are bottlenecked by the pc. I am now thinking of getting a usb 3.0 adapter. Any suggestions ?

This is on a usb 2.0 machine.

For a 2 GB files copied using explorer, it started at 100+ mb transfer speed and than came down till 7 mb.
I cancelled that and used tera copy and it is showing approx 600+ KB :mad:
I will test it with 3.0 next when my laptop arrives, 2.0 performance is sure pathetic. I will also test it with the supplied software.

For a 2 GB files copied using explorer, it started at 100+ mb transfer speed and than came down till 7 mb.
I will test it with 3.0 next when my laptop arrives, 2.0 performance is sure pathetic. I will also test it with the supplied software.
This needs a full format.:)

I will recommend you to format the hdd and start again. The performance drop is concerning to be honest. Even in USB 2.0 it should be ideally giving you consistent speeds. Also do check with different machines.

For a 700 mb file; with Buffalo software installed; it took 32+ mins. Avg 300+KB/sec peak 600+KB/sec.

Formatting it now.

Back