Budget 31-40k Build for a friend

ashish

Adept
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Dell Led monitor 22in, Mouse, Keyboard, 1tb HDD Seagate
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Dell Led monitor 22in, Mouse, Keyboard, 1tb HDD Seagate
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • New or used but under warranty:: AMD CPU, MOBO, 8gb RAM, 500w PSU, GPU, Cabinet
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Only ram and ssd.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai lamington road
    • Open to online purchases prime/md/flipkart/amazon etc.
    • Techenclave
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Fps/arcade racing at mid level settings
    • Browsing/music/movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Major popular brands like Asus, Gigabyte, Zotac etc.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS, Arcade racing like Forza, NFS, Rrally etc.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1980x1080 (stock monitor resolution)
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10

Last edited:
Go for i3 9th gen without integrated GPU Mobo Galax 310 8gb ddr4 120gb ssd 550watt psu antec GPU 1650 super Galax or inno 3d cheap aoc monitor 22 inch border less full hd

Go for i3 9th gen without integrated GPU Mobo Galax 310 8gb ddr4 120gb ssd 550watt psu antec GPU 1650 super Galax or inno 3d cheap aoc monitor 22 inch border less full hd
No he doesn't want i3 even for free.
Have updated the requirements precisely.
He needs AMD build and all components can be used ones he doesn't care as far as they are good and come with some warranty.

No he doesn't want i3 even for free.
Have updated the requirements precisely.
He needs AMD build and all components can be used ones he doesn't care as far as they are good and come with some warranty.
Good for him since Intel is redundant at the moment. I'm not sure why that recommendation was made in the first place.

Here is a sample build for your consideration:- https://www.primeabgb.com/cart/?cxecrt-retrieve-cart=163551 Remove the SSD and add later to stay on budget. On the other hand if additional budget is available, consider swapping the GPU for the 1650 Super version.

That is a tight budget for a gaming rig but there are always options. Below are my recommendations purely based on your budget:
  1. Don't spend much on the cabinet and aftermarket cooler
  2. You don't have the budget to go for a solid PSU so at least go for a good brand
  3. Don't consider SSD within this budget, you can add it later once you have the funds
  4. Go for a spec that has the option for an upgrade later on. I am assuming small to medium-scale upgrades but if you are planning to upgrade you should go for a 550 watt PSU at least. You can get one in <3.5k
  5. Try to delay the purchases by a month. With AMD announcements around the corner, the existing prices will fall
  6. And of course, keep checking TE forums for a good deal on GPUs. Many people are selling off their current ones which are within the warranty period at a good price
Below are my recommendations for your build. Slightly out of your budget but I think if you purchase it from offline stores, you can manage it within 35k.

GPUAsus Phoenix GeForce GTX 165012500Link
CPUAMD Ryzen 3 31008500Link
RAMXPG ADATA GAMMIX D30 DDR4 8GB 3000 MHz2700Link
MoBoASRock B450M PRO4 AM4 7000Link
PSUCooler Master MWE 450W2500Link
CaseAnt Esports ICE-130AG2500Link

Ryzen 3 3100 - 8500 - PrimeABGB
ASUS Prime A320M-K - 4550 - PrimeABGB
Adata 8GB 3200MHz CL16 - 2850 -PrimeABGB
Zotac GTX1650 Super - 14,650 - PrimeABGB
Cooler Master MWE 450W - 2550 - PrimeABGB
Kingston KC600 250GB - 3375 - PrimABGB

This totals to about 36.5K. You can consider getting generic cabinet locally.

AMD's next gen proccies are going to launch on October 8 - you might get to see some deals in used market from people upgrading.

If you get a used GPU like RX570 at about 6-7K-ish or GTX1060 6GB around 8K-ish - you would be saving good amount and get similar performance.

Back