Building a tech buying recommendation service/site/thingy?

I am thinking of building some sort of PC and maybe other tech buying guide. Kind of like geeks guide to buying tech stuff.

- Parts to buy at a certain price point.
- Good time to build a PC.

I think It should be a community thing. Individual efforts in my tiny are so-so. Like the site in my sign, is of no real value, has outdated prices, bad design etc.

Some people could suggest recommendations, some work on the logic coding, some maintaining code for benchmarks , some on getting prices, some on the User Interface (a website) .

Wot say ?

I think that there a lot of advisees on the Internet in relation to PC and other tech buying guides. And they are all for free. In order to make people to pay for your service, you really need to offer them something very unique, that could not be found anywhere else

Setup a wiki/forum, and restrict access. Initially restricted to trusted users. Then, once it gains steam, allow more users to join, based on a system akin to TBHP. Each of the posts will have some value and more if liked by others and all. These values should be in points and can be redeemed.

Setup a wiki/forum, and restrict access. Initially restricted to trusted users. Then, once it gains steam, allow more users to join, based on a system akin to TBHP. Each of the posts will have some value and more if liked by others and all. These values should be in points and can be redeemed.

somewhat like the reddit buying pc or laptop guide but for india?

Back