Business idea to make some side money ?

Mr India

Disciple
Basically im not happy with my salary and need some side income. i have 1-2 lakhs to invest in. Have a large basement room that i can use in my home. any idea of things i can like sell online or something ? or any other idea to make like 5-20k per month. open to joint ideas too , i'm in gurgaon.[DOUBLEPOST=1441715525][/DOUBLEPOST]i would prefer ideas that i can do after my 9 to 6 job and have sat and sunday full off. however during day my younger bro can manage stuff.

Last edited:
Create a channel on youtube and upload unseen or unique videos to earn money

Or you can create a blog, post some interesting articles.. gain more traffice and earn through adsense and many other ways

start a door handle company
Sure. The initial capital required would be a minimum of Rs 3 to 5 lacs.

Step by step this is how the business plan would look like:

Research phase:

1. First of all go to local hardware shops in your area - slightly higher quality ones and also if possible try and speak to builders / real estate construction guys to see if there's a market for these more premium door handles in your city.

2. Try to get a feel for what some of these "premium" brass door handles look like and how they are different from the Rs. 200 - 500 bracket regular door handles or aldrops. You will develop an eye for this over time as you browse competitor websites and supplier images etc. For eg www.victorylocks.com
    http://www.dorsetindia.com/
    - For suppliers go to www.alibaba.com
    and type "brass door handles" or "pull handles"
  3. Learn about the different categories of these door handles which are mainly: Pull Handles (used in offices / restaurants on glass doors usually), Mortice Handles (used in homes and the biggest seller), Handle on Rose (horizontal handles), Handle on Plate (vertical handles), Main Door Handle (larger designer pull handles used in premium / rich class homes for their main door)
Once you have done this research and feel comfortable knowing the product type and can tell what is a "premium" door handle and what is a regular one, you will have a good idea of what kind of handles to source from your supplier. To make things simple just try and copy the inventory of this guy: www.decolocks.com
Business Set Up phase
  1. Decide a brand name, logo and all that jazz. "Diamond Locks" or whatever you like. Set up a cheap website for now just to make the brand appear legit and established.
  2. Get this business registered as a private limited company - nobody will take you seriously if you go to clients offices accepting payments in your personal savings account. ;) There are sites that offer this whole pvt. ltd registration service at like Rs 5,000 to Rs 10,000 - get it done.
  3. You should already have an idea of a few good suppliers from Alibaba.com but now is the time when you really need to lock on one supplier and finalize a "sample order". Here's one that I use: laotongjiang.en.alibaba.com / http://laotongjiang.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-222097622/Brass_Door_Handles.html
  4. Finalize your first import order from China - this is more like a "sample" order to get your business started. Choose like 10 to 20 different door handle designs you want to sell initially and order 10 sets of each. This is going to be the biggest start up expense and this first sample order will cost you around 2 lacs more or less.
  5. Google for a "freight forwarder" or similar company in India. Here's one I use: http://www.seatransmovers.com/

These guys take all the hassle out of importing and will take care of all the paper work etc and import the door handles safely for you from China.
  • Just a word of advice: Importing from China is a bit of a skill in itself, negotiation etc matters a bit and you will learn this along the way.
My friend's dad barely knows any English but he is a damn good negotiator and knows Chinese people like the back of his hand by now. Remember, as the buyer YOU are in power and these Chinese exporters will be eager to please you as long as you appear like a "big" guy to them. Promise big orders in the future etc.

• Once the first lot of door handles from China arrives, get your product catalog printed and also product packaging with your own branding printed. This is more important than you think. You want to really invest in a very premium looking product catalog / brochure because this is what your clients will see in meetings for the first time. Also your product packaging must look good.
The catalog has pictures of all of your door handles that you just imported from China and things like a company profile page etc all presented as beautifully as possible. The catalog should feel like you are a million dollar company manufacturing brass door handles in a big facility somewhere in your town.
Read More At : https://www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/35l1pc/how_to_make_a_crore_rs_in_5_to_10_years/cr5gdt4

Last edited:
lost so much money in shares im too embarrased to even say the figure.
That is because you tried it on your own, why not appoint an agent or someone who deals in these kind of things or better to be safe you could have gone for Mutual funds (not as dangerous as shares)

With that kind of space at your disposal, start a coaching class.

Is big money if you can manage do even a half decent job of teaching or hiring a professional teacher to do the job

Create a channel on youtube and upload unseen or unique videos to earn money
Or you can create a blog, post some interesting articles.. gain more traffice and earn through adsense and many other ways
or click baity videos having misleading thumbnails ;)

How about trading share marketing
Very bad idea for a desperate person, trading requires know how + emotional control.

Im literally desperate for some money. Ready to sell my soul fr money right now.can do anything
Just wondering, where are you working really? My two bits here, desperation might lead to even more mistakes so be mindful of things you end up choosing.

no drugs or robbing atm as its very v risky. cant start classes as space not that muchas it has 3 small room in basement with partitions. tution good only if u teach and i barely got 70% in my exams[DOUBLEPOST=1441796797][/DOUBLEPOST]i working at a new logistics company currently

Back