Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Iffalcon or marq

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Xiaomi TV import from china

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guys is it good to buy a demo TV from reliance digital
They say they will provide as usual warranty and even finance.
Getting 65 inch Samsung uhd led 7100 model for 100000
65 inch qled 2018 model for 140000
Or is it better to buy iffalcon or marq tv

Guys is it good to buy a demo TV from reliance digital
They say they will provide as usual warranty and even finance.
Getting 65 inch Samsung uhd led 7100 model for 100000
65 inch qled 2018 model for 140000
Or is it better to buy iffalcon or marq tv
depends on how much discount they're giving. IMO i'll not risk it if the discount isn't too much

Dont ever buy a demo OLED. There will be high chances of burn-in due to same content being played repeatedly. Any LCD variant should not be a problem.

Dont ever buy a demo OLED. There will be high chances of burn-in due to same content being played repeatedly. Any LCD variant should not be a problem.

How can there be burn-in if the content is moving around/dynamic ? Yeah chances are high of a logo or something being there

What is the normal price for non demo model? How much discount are they giving?
2.2 online
Getting 1.45 qled one[DOUBLEPOST=1556448785][/DOUBLEPOST]
They're giving 10 year burn in warranty[DOUBLEPOST=1556448869][/DOUBLEPOST]
depends on how much discount they're giving. IMO i'll not risk it if the discount isn't too much
2.2 l down to 1.4 is it
l good enough discount?

1.4L looks like a good price for QLED screen.

OLED and QLED don't have burn in issues. And a Google search for their life span shows 100,000 hrs typically. Don't go by the 10 year warranty. I don't think any company will honor the warranty for so long and probably in 10 years, such TV's will be main stream mass produced.

If its a reputed well established showroom, the 1.4 lakh with warranty for a QLED seems like a good deal.

Just saw its from reliance digital. Ask when they have installed the product from demo and also ask them if they're providing proper bills. Also confirm if the manufacturer(samsung) or reliance digital is providing warranty incase something goes wrong. Also you should be able to see how many hours the TV was turned on in the settings. see the number and judge for yourself.

usually what reliance digit does is they say warranty but if something goes wrong and you go to them, they'll say its too expensive to fix so just take another model from demo

I did buy a led or LCD (don't remember which), a demo piece from reliance store, the warranty start from bill date, and it's running fine. 4 yrs now I think.
Try to bargain lil more

1.4L looks like a good price for QLED screen.

OLED and QLED don't have burn in issues. And a Google search for their life span shows 100,000 hrs typically. Don't go by the 10 year warranty. I don't think any company will honor the warranty for so long and probably in 10 years, such TV's will be main stream mass produced.

OLED do have lot of burn-in issues. 10 year burn-in warranty is for all QLED TV's. I own a LG C7 and the initial two TVs i received direct on purchase had burn-in issues (Looks like warehouse had nicely watched some items and never bothered switching off the TV). There are lot of do's and donts for OLED , if your primary purpose of the OLED is going to be watching same cable channels or lot of console gaming then risk of burn-in is higher.

Just one of the many articles for burn-in issue on LG OLED's (any OLED will have similar issue Sony/Panasonic).
https://www.zdnet.com/article/lg-oled-tv-suffers-burn-in-from-4000-hour-test/

QLED TVs are basically a variant of LCD tv's with super high brightness and much better clarity than other LCD.

Despite all these issues and scares the black contrast level and color reproduction of OLED's are heavenly and I will purchase another one again whenever I need to eyes closed.

OLED do have lot of burn-in issues. 10 year burn-in warranty is for all QLED TV's. I own a LG C7 and the initial two TVs i received direct on purchase had burn-in issues (Looks like warehouse had nicely watched some items and never bothered switching off the TV). There are lot of do's and donts for OLED , if your primary purpose of the OLED is going to be watching same cable channels or lot of console gaming then risk of burn-in is higher.

Just one of the many articles for burn-in issue on LG OLED's (any OLED will have similar issue Sony/Panasonic).
https://www.zdnet.com/article/lg-oled-tv-suffers-burn-in-from-4000-hour-test/

QLED TVs are basically a variant of LCD tv's with super high brightness and much better clarity than other LCD.

Despite all these issues and scares the black contrast level and color reproduction of OLED's are heavenly and I will purchase another one again whenever I need to eyes closed.

i guess i was wrong. seems its only happening to LG OLED screens though.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test
we have bought 6 LG OLED C7 which will play real, non-altered content. This should give you a better idea on what to expect depending on what you watch on your TV.

After more than 5000 hours, there has been no appreciable change to the brightness or color gamut of these TVs. Long periods of static content have resulted in some permanent burn-in (see the CNN TVs), however the other TVs with more varied content don't yet have noticeable uniformity issues on normal content. As a result, we don't expect most people who watch varied content without static areas to experience burn-in issues with an OLED TV. Those who display the same static content over long periods of time should consider the risk of burn-in though (such as those who watch lots of news, use the TV as a PC monitor, or play the same game with a bright static HUD). Those who are concerned about the risk of burn-in should go with an LCD TV for the peace of mind.

Samsung testing their QLED for burn in vs LG OLED.

HDTV Test UK comparson. This is a really good detailed review and comparison of qled and oled i've seen on YT.

Last edited:
It happens with all OLED's not only LG. Sony uses panels supplied by LG for OLED manufacturing. QLED is totally different from OLED , QLED is more of a marketing term coined to make it sound like an OLED alternative whereas it is not. QLED is a LCD TV with much higher brightness and contrast ratios as against a normal LCD. LCD do not suffer from burn-in, the 10 year burn-in warranty is primarily a marketing stunt to address two things
i) To make QLED seem to be something similar to OLED
ii) To show that they are superior to OLED's, in 10 years any OLED will surely lose its contrast and burn-in will surely occur.
I own both QLED & OLED , i did quiet a bit of research before purchasing the OLEDs hence the comments :)

It happens with all OLED's not only LG. Sony uses panels supplied by LG for OLED manufacturing. QLED is totally different from OLED , QLED is more of a marketing term coined to make it sound like an OLED alternative whereas it is not. QLED is a LCD TV with much higher brightness and contrast ratios as against a normal LCD. LCD do not suffer from burn-in, the 10 year burn-in warranty is primarily a marketing stunt to address two things
i) To make QLED seem to be something similar to OLED
ii) To show that they are superior to OLED's, in 10 years any OLED will surely lose its contrast and burn-in will surely occur.
I own both QLED & OLED , i did quiet a bit of research before purchasing the OLEDs hence the comments :)
He is absolutely correct.

Burn in will happen no matter what on an OLED tv. That's just how the technology works. Infact LG is the only manufacturer of OLED panels for TV and every other manufacturers that you see selling OLED tvs source the panel from LG.
Samsung does not want to do that and pay LG and hence they use a enhanced version of LCD and call it QLED.

OLED tv have infinite contrast ratio since they can completely switch off the pixel and no LED TV can match that no matter how good it is.

How can there be burn-in if the content is moving around/dynamic ? Yeah chances are high of a logo or something being there

Demo TVs usually do not have dynamic content running on them. It's either a single DTH channel running for 60% of the day or the demo content. In fact I was advised against it by a Croma sales professional itself and the first TV i had received had run for 16000 odd hours before even it was delivered and had a huge round logo burn-in at the center which looked like LG logo ( dont have the image right now will post it later). I got a replacement unit within a week from the showroom itself

Lol! Seriously? Always stay away from any demo products in any shop/mall in any part of the world. They are mishandled like anything by their stupid staff as well as customers fiddling with it. Worse, they are running almost 18+ hours a day which will eventually degrade their life forget the quality.
I remember 3 yrs ago Reliance digital opened in my office building and my teammate booked some tv for 55k and at home what he got delivered was a demo unit which he realized only once he reached home midnight. He was furious and fuming and called them next day threatening them with what not dire consequences and he was delivered a brand new tv along with apology vouchers worth 15k on their next reliance shopping + a branded iron too. He distributed those vouchers within teammates.

Now how did he identified that it was a demo piece? Unless you are a noob its no rocket science.
Usage marks, scratches, lots of dirt marks, faded keys both on tv and remote, a bump at one of the corners, insect web backside near the connections etc.

Initially reliance guys were firm it was indeed a brand new factory piece but later on when friend pressurized them they said as we promised 24hours delivery we had to deliver demo unit due to unavailability of fresh stock but it is as good as rand new as we take good care of all items on display.
He even told if they really wanted to stick me a demo tv why didnt they truthfully informed him and offer a discount as demo pieces are always offered at discounted rates.

To add to the above LG OLED TV also comes with Number of hours it has been kept running (not power on but the display) under Settings -> About TV, this can be reset only by LG and not by showroom officials.

Guys how to import TV from China safely
My friend visiting Shanghai in June
Would love to have 75 inch Xiaomi tv
too much risk.
too high custom duty.
chinese menu.
chinese plug.
no after sales service.

dont bother with this crap. Just get a Mi Tv if budget is low or get a LG/samsumg one

Back