Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
too much risk.
too high custom duty.
chinese menu.
chinese plug.
no after sales service.

dont bother with this crap. Just get a Mi Tv if budget is low or get a LG/samsumg one
I remember the news articles of people getting huge tvs from Malaysia/Dubai to India. Infact if i remember correctly those articles would say that the whole flight would be filled with people carting TV back to India.

What happened to that? Is that not done anymore?

I remember the news articles of people getting huge tvs from Malaysia/Dubai to India. Infact if i remember correctly those articles would say that the whole flight would be filled with people carting TV back to India.

The stupid govt gave into tv makers lobby and imposed high duties.

high custom duty plus TVs have become cheap enough in india.

Yea we are buying medium or low quality vu etc than buying hq Sony etc from wherever
Well vu tvs are rebranded hisense tvs which are very highly rated for their price from the global media and users alike. You should check out some hisense reviews.

I think the complain should be against Sony for pricing their tvs extremely high in our country and making people pay the brand tax (just like Apple tax)

I still see a massive line of people carting Sony 65" TV's in hyderabad when flights from Dubai land here.

What is the guarantee that the showroom always delivers brand new piece instead of a display piece. Is there any way to find that info on a sony tv?

What is the guarantee that the showroom always delivers brand new piece instead of a display piece. Is there any way to find that info on a sony tv?
Yes. If you ever get hands on a display/demo stuff they got those labels/stickers on them. And also see the mfg date it will be surely a year or many months old.
A brand new boxed stuff got no advertisement stickers but only the required ones like energy complaint etc.
But again, demo pieces arent always that bad!
My uncle has a demo LG fridge which was an urgent requirement due to marriage ceremony at his place and the showroom gave full brand warranty + some 2.5k their own discount.

While other friend booked a tv and was assured a boxed poiece but he received a demo one (no issues with the tv but he wanted only new ones) which he saw in the showroom before booking, he raise an alarm with the showroom head and he got full refund in 48hrs + hal value coupons as well free!

Back