Buying a LED TV from Snapdeal

I am planning to buy a new LED TV online, as the 5-year old one is showing its age now. Wanted to buy one from Flipkart or Amazon, but unfortunately Flipkart does not deliver to my location and Amazon has very few options. Hence thinking of ordering from snapdeal. Prices are also cheaper on snapdeal. I have zero-ed on Philips 40PFL5059 model. But I am not sure of ordering such a big sized item from snapdeal. Has anyone ordered a TV recently from sanapdeal, and has had a good experience from a particular seller? Any guidelines regarding this will help me.

wow and to think that I paid 56k for a 46" philips in Jan 14' from Vijay sales.
after a few months I realised that the warranty seal was already broken (on a screw) and the others looked as though they had been played with.
Also a lot of "PATCHES" or darkish areas (poorly lit?) across the screen which philips tech claimed was normal and since I reported the tampering too late I am stuck with the same piece. Also this tv apparently cant display some shades of red properly. example arsenal red is pink.

Snapdeal is known to sell refurbished stuff so keep an eye out.

with snapdeal i would rather get things on cash on delivery, just recently i got screwed with them. Although they have promised to refund me back but its been 20 days since. Snapdeal has bad customer care since they have a lot of orders. But on the other hand they have the best deals and huge product base. So its good to buy from them but be ready to fight in case they screw u up. Better stick with good sellers on snapdeal, read their reviews if possible and then try and order with cash on delivery. Else, its not a bad idea to buy from amazon or flipkart even if the price is slightly high. Since they have much better return policy and deliver before time.

90% of the my orders from Snapdeal had gone bad. Most were delayed shipment or I received defective product. I would personally never buy a TV from them.

Back