Car & Bike Buying an Scooter, Any options other than Suzuki Access [Bought 3G]

swatkats

Skilled
I am planning to buy Suzuki Access for myself, Having used Activa for a long of time I prefer buying a non-Activa vehicle this time.
I travel 15kms daily, Which will be 40kms daily from next month or so.
Budget is stricly not more than 65K.

Members, if you have any other suggestions i'll consider. Also report any problems you might know about Access.

Also keep in mind weight of person when buying 2 wheeler. If below 60kg, then 110cc and below will be OK. Dontbuy 125cc for light weight or short people.
I recently bought activa 125cc and quite happy with it.

Same situation and same budget,

Though this will be my first scooter, the only options i kept are Activa or Jupiter

The reason selecting activa is almost 90% of them use activa, so its easier for maintenance, repair and resale in future

Please correct me if i am thinking wrong.

as he would be travel 15-40 km daily usage which 125 cc would be better due to avoid traffic jam like activa or swish for better power pickup

if your want better mileage then go for new Yamaha scooter or Honda activa

as he would be travel 15-40 km daily usage which 125 cc would be better due to avoid traffic jam like activa or swish for better power pickup

if your want better mileage then go for new Yamaha scooter or Honda activa
Pick up is my priority.
The Scene in the market is.. Activa has started delivering vehicles in less than a week, because of Maestro snatching off Activa's share from last 1 year or so.
Access sales have dropped because of the Activa, Maestro and Jupiter able to deliver vehicle within 1 week.

Get the Activa, If it ever breaks down, every random repair guy knows how to repair.
Already bought a Activa 2 months back, a week before 3G model launch. Gave it off to my family members, because i am fed up of Activa. we just went in for inquiry purpose and that person had vehicle ready. I booked and took it next day.[DOUBLEPOST=1431091230][/DOUBLEPOST]
New Yamaha scooter launched today.
You mean this? http://auto.ndtv.com/news/yamaha-fascino-113cc-scooter-launched-at-rs-52-500-761376

Last edited:
one advise i come across and which makes sense is - buy a scooter with front telescopic suspension.
not sure if the new Activa has one but the 110cc Activa that my bro owns is a pain to ride on broken tarmac and undulated roads which is the case in most of the towns and cities!

also stay away from Mahindra scooters. if i am not wrong they still carry the old Kinetic lineage [engines] which were notorious for break downs.

If your ride (40 kms) one is quit bumpy, I mean roads aren't good enough; consider Aviator.

Aviator is a solid vehicle and has best of suspensions and decent pickup.

If your ride mainly on highways/good roads you can go for Access.

I rate Aviator > Access > Activa.
Suzuki service is rated a bit low over Honda.

I know of a person who sold off his 2 month old access and bought a Suzuki Gixxer because he could handle the pathetic ride quality.

what about the mileage of TVS jupiter?

currently I am using Wego, and its far better than activa compare to pickup, external fuel tank, bigger tyres.

Back