Laptops Buying Asus GL552JX laptop from Ebay for 55k

Does extending the laptop warranty to 3 yrs offer any benefit for a techy user ?

• Total voters
Will it? I wonder why the seller pulled it though. It did say he had more than 10 available and the listing was for another 23-24 days too the last I checked!

If not for his high rating, I would have been a little worried!

Will it? I wonder why the seller pulled it though. It did say he had more than 10 available and the listing was for another 23-24 days too the last I checked!

If not for his high rating, I would have been a little worried!
he could have sold them locally also.

Are you guys new to eBay or what :p

For buying electronics.... Yea!
(Though I worked for them at one point... :p)

I've always done my shopping for electronics mostly through Amazon and FK.

he could have sold them locally also.

Are you guys new to eBay or what :p
I've a feeling that the seller got greedy and wants to sell the product at higher prices. No reply from the seller since Monday, before, he was replying properly.

The major issue now is that my money gets stuck with eBay for a while. eBay should've never promoted it as a deal of the week item, they should pay for their mistake.

The major issue now is that my money gets stuck with eBay for a while. eBay should've never promoted it as a deal of the week item, they should pay for their mistake.
all the best if you can make ebay pay for their mistakes.

sellers on ebay are usually become rude once you place order ha ha

I suggest you not to worry, your money is protected by ebay paisa pay protection

I don't believe the money is lost.

And I think we'll get the product. He knows there will be negative feedback from the 5 people who purchased it in a short time period. That can't be good for his business. Maybe he took it down when he realized he could get more for it. But I expect him to honour the 5 purchases already made. We'll get to know in a day or two... I'll be patient until then.

I don't believe the money is lost.

And I think we'll get the product. He knows there will be negative feedback from the 5 people who purchased it in a short time period. That can't be good for his business. Maybe he took it down when he realized he could get more for it. But I expect him to honour the 5 purchases already made. We'll get to know in a day or two... I'll be patient until then.

Buyers cannot leave feedback if the product is not sold. I had a detailed chat about it with eBay on it.

Guys who bought the Asus Rog, please keep updating us about the deal. I was planning to buy the exact model two days ago, but didn't bought it because the seller didn't respond to my two emails regarding warranty. If the seller and the warranty in India is ok, I might buy the HP Envy model for 66k from him.

Last edited:
That feedback score is the reason why I brought it too. eBay has allowed time till 21st for the seller to ship the item. And I did ask specifically for a weekend drop if possible. So I am going to wait it out and see. If there are any updates, will let you know.

OK..guys little update regarding this seller ...I bought a dell vostro laptop for my dad..from this seller yesterday..it got shipped yesterday itself.
May be as someone said the seller got a bit greedy about Asus pricing and demand for that laptop...
You guys keep us updated about the status...

How this Thailand warranty thing works? Is there gonna be any problem with the local service center?
As long as warranty is legit, you won't have any problems. Asus has International Warranty, which will be fine.

OTOH, even if it has legit warranty, but this laptop comes with unofficial parts replaced, then you won't have any chance at warranty.

Any updates from the seller, did he send you the tracking number ? The message we got from eBay was an automated reply. I've not heard from the seller or eBay till now.
Nope. None as of now. I wanted to chat with eBay regarding this since now they will have to look into it but I am travelling the whole day.

Back